Okay you mugs.

RichardA

Coop, I liked you before, but your Whataburger post boosted my esteem for you several notches! Just in time, too. I saw that they closed all their stores in the path of the storm later yesterday.

Glad you're okay. Stay dry. 

I'll have a #4 in your honor next time I get down to Albuquerque!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mick S said:

Coop, I liked you before, but your Whataburger post boosted my esteem for you several notches! Just in time, too. I saw that they closed all their stores in the path of the storm later yesterday.

Glad you're okay. Stay dry. 

I'll have a #4 in your honor next time I get down to Albuquerque!

Is that the double meat with the spicy ketchup for the fries? Whataburger moved their corporate offices from Corpus to San Antonio several years ago due to the hurricane threat. Whoever made that decision probably is getting a raise right about now! 

It's a #1 with cheese and jalapeños. Definitely spicy ketchup for the fries!

I had my first WB in 1960 in Odessa on the way home from a day at the Monahans Sand Hills State Park. It was the first of their iconic A-frame locations.

photo1960.jpg.3ce2f1651a90f0b9962a4630662ed7f4.jpg

I've loved them ever since. When I moved from TX to NC I had serious WB withdrawal for years. Closest WB was in Birmingham, AL. Now I'm in Santa Fe and there are 8 in Albuquerque, one hour away. I make up excuses all the time to run down there. Gotta make up for lost time. Big fan!

• Like 2

As a way of solving the flooding problem, maybe ICE can detain Harvey indefinitely since he arrived from outside the country without documentation. I kid, I kid!

But stay safe, everyone. Flooding is sneaky; you don't realize how powerful all those tons of water can be until it's too late.

• Like 2

Alison just talked to her son in Houston. They're about out of food and the line around HEB numbers about 500 people. They're letting in 10 at a time to buy what's left on the shelves. No trucks can get in to resupply. I suspect the beer is already gone.