Okay you mugs.

RichardA

4 hours ago, Chet said:

The U.S. just put up a new satellite about a year ago and when the testing is done and it is fully operational it is supposed to eliminate almost all the guess work for storms like these.

I don't buy it. We are not really guessing right now. The deviation standard puts beyond five days at so wide a potential path... We might get to six days with new algorithms, but I don't see more beyond that. 

11 minutes ago, Chet said:

You don't have to buy it.  I was just making a comment based on an article I had read in a magazine speaking to existing computer model differences and how the satellite was supposed to eliminate some of that.  No big deal. :D

Ok, yes...I am buying it. Taxes... I just know too much about the data, and the agencies making the claims. Satellites won't change the variable nature. I would LOVE to be proven wrong. Still waiting for that. 

9 minutes ago, C Shaffer said:

Gotta love the priority that tomatoes have in your life!:D

Never thought about it, but you're right. Knowing that the power seldom goes out at my office, I decided I would take stuff out of our two freezers here at home and take them there. On my last day of work before the storm, I took 12 ea. 1 quart bags of prepared tomatoes from this past spring. I figured everything else could be replaced;)

• Like 1