Delta ts350 stalls

Drew

I think that's a direct drive saw, correct? If so, is the blade slipping on the arbor, or is the motor actually stalling? 

If it's a dual voltage motor, it could be wired for 240V. It would run on 120V, but have very little power.

Sometimes gnarly wood will pinch the kerf shut as it's cut & grab the blade, but that doesn't usually happen that early into the cut.

What kind of wood are you cutting & what kind of blade. More info is needed before we can offer meaningful advice.

• Like 1

I'm trying to do a simple rip cut of 3/4 inch pine with a 60 tooth blade. It worked fine when I last used it. It's not tripping the breaker, seems to run smoothly when not cutting, but weakens to a stall whether using the rip fence or not. It does the same thing when doing a cross cut on the same material that's only 3 inches thick. And, yes, I believe the unit is direct drive. I've hade the unit for years and only used it a handful of times over 12 years of ownership; it sits in a dry shed. 

Try a different blade, especially while doing rips cuts.   My 60 tooth combo blade is passable at rip cuts, but it tends to bog down or burn if I don't go exactly the right speed.  Recently picked up a 24 tooth rip blade just for rips, but haven't tried it yet.

Slow down.  Bogging down is usually due to either a dull blade or going too fast. 

33 minutes ago, Drew said:

whether using the rip fence or not.

Errr... Are you trying to do long rips without a fence?  Free hand?   Don't. 

60 teeth is the wrong blade...problem one already logged. Pine is prone to carry pitch. Mske sure the blade is clean. Pine is prone to carry a lot of internal tension that could bind. Beware, but that is not likely after two inches of cut. Stalling after two inches, even on a crosscut blade, sure sounds like a dull blade to me. 

Uh, that is not a good response to guys here with tens of thousands of hours running table saws. We did not insult, but we have seen badly QC’d dull new blades. We have seen knots and staples dull very quickly. We have worked late and night and missed rotation installation. Asking you to verify is not being stupid. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Now you are  just being stupid. 

Actually, if your previous posts didn't positively identify you as an idiot, this one certainly does.

Now with that being said, good advice to you would be to leave the tools alone & go read some books, magazines, watch some videos etc & get yourself a clue about woodworking. You're going to badly hurt yourself if you keep going as you are.

And learn some manners!

Edit: apologies for unseamly the outburst. Fingers going faster than my brain.

4 hours ago, Gary said:

I hate to suggest the obvious, but make sure your blade is installed in the correct direction. 

Did I miss something? Was this what prompted the inappropriate reply?

I wasn’t being snarky. Perhaps I was being stupid when I put a blade in backwards once. I was in a hurry and I didn’t notice... it’s a legit thing to verify  

Why can’t people take things at face value any more? Maybe I should have used some emojis to bring up the warm and cozy factor a bit?

• Like 2

Yea I guess the guy responded in a way that said anyone that put a blade on backwards wasn't the sharpest chisel on the rack.

But I can tell you it happens.  I was a meat cutter for 32 years and probably put thousands of bandsaw blades on on our bandsaws but never backwards.  First time I put a blade on my new Laguna it was backwards. Lol

1 minute ago, Chet said:

Yea I guess the guy responded in a way that said anyone that put a blade on backwards wasn't the sharpest chisel on the rack.

But I can tell you it happens.  I was a meat cutter for 32 years and probably put thousands of bandsaw blades on on our bandsaws but never backwards.  First time I put a blade on my new Laguna it was backwards. Lol

Yep and I freely admit that I’m a tool, but not the sharpest. I’m thrilled to be in good company, Chet! :P

• Like 1