A set of end tables

bushwacked

Looks great ! Don't forget to sign & date !
I test fit tops but finish them separately. Put a coat on the bottom side then flip it onto pyramids and do the edges and top.

Thanks for the tip. Followed that and the top went great!

Close one with danish oil applied far one waiting for danish oil tomorrow.

ba74a08279c6811729494fdb460ac8ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

woke up super eager to see how it all dried ... since last time on my bench it caught a bunch of fuzzies ... as far as I could tell at 6am in the cold going quickly it feels super smooth! Pretty pumped about that haha.

Now if I can get the same result on #2 it will be a great week! haha

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ..Kev said:

Looking great!  I leave them on the shop floor until they dry.  Then, toss em.

I get too paranoid with that ... since my garage is attached to the house. I tried once and couldnt sleep :(

9 hours ago, wdwerker said:

I hang them over a steel handrail or chainlink fence to dry then toss them. A relatives house had a fire that was started by spontaneous combustion . It was a different combination of circumstances than oily rags but I take that stuff seriously.

yep same here, that is why I put them on the back patio (no chain fence) maybe I could try my wooden fence?

37 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I hang them on the edge of the garbage can then flip them over when dry. Sometimes they get left on my assembly table as well.

again i would be so paranoid it would fall in squishing it up that they would combust. 

36 minutes ago, bushwacked said:

I get too paranoid with that ... since my garage is attached to the house. I tried once and couldnt sleep :(

yep same here, that is why I put them on the back patio (no chain fence) maybe I could try my wooden fence?

again i would be so paranoid it would fall in squishing it up that they would combust. 

If your that worried about it use a metal can with a sealing lid. This is what we had to use for the oily rags we created at my city job. You could buy a new metal paint can from the store and dispose of the rags in there. When you go to throw them in the trash wait until you place you can at the curb and then put them in a sealing ziplock bag with a bit of water in it. Cutting the oxygen will ensure they don't oxidize to create heat. Also if some combustion does occur the available oxygen is quickly used.

I feel like laying them on the ground like you do is more hazardous than other options but my opinion.

• Like 1