A set of end tables

bushwacked

Just now, K Cooper said:

I had the same thing done a couple of years ago and they took the extra meat needed from the cheek of my butt. Now every time I have a pic taken and they tell me to smile, I look like an ass. Quick recovery my friend! 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• 1 month later...

Many use and like wax on the bed of planers. A friend used my planer and waxed the bed. It was fine. I never wax. I use silicone spray. Quick, easy and has never failed. Sometimes while cross cutting a couple of feet off of an 8' piece of plywood I will spray the saw fence and bed. Otherwise it is hard to keep the material next to the fence. After spraying I wipe off the excess before I start the work...

• Like 1

I've been using Glidecote by Bostik for years on cast iron tops, aluminum fences, phenolic router bases etc to make them slide better. It's some sort of Teflon type coating. It dries quite rapidly and I've never had any finish problems with it either.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2018 at 7:18 PM, curlyoak said:

Many use and like wax on the bed of planers. A friend used my planer and waxed the bed. It was fine. I never wax. I use silicone spray. Quick, easy and has never failed. Sometimes while cross cutting a couple of feet off of an 8' piece of plywood I will spray the saw fence and bed. Otherwise it is hard to keep the material next to the fence. After spraying I wipe off the excess before I start the work...

Ya I have always been a wax guy and have waxed everything in my ship ... However, I do want to try out that Bioshield or something like that, that Spags did a video on a long time ago.

On 3/5/2018 at 12:15 AM, wdwerker said:

I've been using Glidecote by Bostik for years on cast iron tops, aluminum fences, phenolic router bases etc to make them slide better. It's some sort of Teflon type coating. It dries quite rapidly and I've never had any finish problems with it either.

I was curious about this, I have heard it does not last long and some people have noticed on a heavy table saw day it degrades rapidly and may even need to be applied twice in one day .... is that true or just someone pissing and moaning cause they had a rough day and blamed it on the slickness of the TS?

I may reapply it on a heavy saw day. 30 seconds to keep the table and fence super slippery when you have been ripping parts for 4 hours seems reasonable to me. Grab the can, spray, 30 seconds, wipe and back to work. Or get out a rag and a can of wax, apply , wait for it to dry then buff ?  Even when I haven't wiped the Glidecoat the residue has never affected a finish. When I am running my trim router all day on hundreds of parts a quick spray makes my day a little easier. The coating isn't gone by any means , I'm just wanting super slippery.

It works, it's quick and easy. I use it on surfaces you probably wouldn't think of stopping to wax. If you have all the time in the world and a tight budget paste wax works too. 

The Dricoate keeps my file from clogging as well as reducing resin buildup on blades and bits.

• Like 1

51066dd9a3cf4a6c5fb3e4afb23572fe.jpg

I night stand wiped down with DNA and ready to be finished after dinner.

The 2nd one in last glueup before I can fit the top to it tonight. Hopefully I will be putting finish on that tomorrow night and by Thursday both will be done.

At least in my head that is the plan lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2