Moving JJP-12

jplemons

I’m expecting delivery of my JJP-12 tomorrow and am wondering how the heck I’m going to move it off the pallet and onto its mobile base. I bought the Jet universal base, which is all ready to go. Can someone enlighten me as to how to get this 500 pounder onto a mobile base? I don’t have an engine lift. 

When i did my PJ882 i used blocks and put the mobile base together around it. Pieces of hardwood as levers and 4x4s as a fulcrum allowed me to lift it up carefully to move it around a couple times. Like it's said "with a level long enough i could move the world." The key is to be incredibly careful and don't do anything that causes the machine to be unstable. I always had 3 points of contact and at least 1 fall back. I also moved it 1.5" vertically at a time no more.

• Thanks 1

When I got my SawStop, the mobile base was back ordered & I didn't want to wait to use it. So when the base came in, I had to lift the saw straight up & then lower it into the base. I lag bolted an anchor point to the trusses & used a small electric hand held winch. Worked like a charm. A block & tackle would've worked too.

Warn 885005 Cordless Pullzall

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, drzaius said:

A block & tackle would've worked too.

I have a block and tackle semi permantly mounted to two joists for such occaisions.  500 lbs would be a lot to lift with it, though.  It's 4:1 so to lift 500 I'd have to pull down 125.  

See if you can partially assemble (or dissasemble) the unit before lifting to keep the weight down, the finish on the base.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bleedinblue said:

I second this. 

I also want to know how the JJP-12 works out for you.  I'm tempted by that machine. 

Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully, I can get to it sometime soon. I'm planning to do an unboxing/setup/impressions after it's all set up.