Entry Level Workbench

..Kev

38 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

I too like the new logo. Gonna miss the old Tune It Or Die studios. Glad to hear your son will be helping. This should be interesting. You trying to stay behind the camera while he does the work. We’ll see;)

I did better than I thought I would..  Always nervous to see your kids running this equipment!

Still have the Tune It Or Die 2 man saw on the wall!

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 7:52 PM, ..Kev said:

Always nervous to see your kids running this equipment!

You show them the safest way to use the tool, you realize that they don't want to stick the fingers in a spinning blade any more then you do, but you still get nervous.  Then you turn the shop lights off for the day and go have a beer... or two.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Art said:

My wife and I are billeting a young soccer player from the Vancouver Whitecaps, and I promised him I would get him into the shop and start teaching him some stuff.  He had never held any sort of power tool before yesterday. 

We are making a cutting board for his Mom for Christmas, so yesterday we started with some rough Maple and Walnut, and I had him mill it down and glue it up.  We made sure he watched me do it first, but he is a quick study, and did well.  I told him that when he is a famous pro soccer player, he still needs to know how to operate basic tools:D

That's awesome!  It's cool when you get more enjoyment out of the teaching process than you do out of the project itself!

• Like 2

Wow, I would put that in my shop and never look back.  Collin did some really good work and now has a nice area to do some more.

17 hours ago, ..Kev said:

Collin actually speaks in this one

Some of us just aren't in front of the camera types.  How many times did you try to get me to say something on camera? :D Had to keep beating you off with a stick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chet said:

Wow, I would put that in my shop and never look back.  Collin did some really good work and now has a nice area to do some more.

Some of us just aren't in front of the camera types.  How many times did you try to get me to say something on camera? :D Had to keep beating you off with a stick.

Wasn't until the end that he finally said he wanted to say something on the video..  It was open to him the whole time.

• Like 1