Possible to buy 1mm single plys in the United States?

I am trying to make tubes for drums. 

Here is a video that shows exactly what I want to do. In case the video does not start in the correct place, at 0:49 into this video, the two men discuss these birch plys, and then a few moments later you see o0ther guys cutting them on a table saw... then later the glue up.

I apologize for not providing the end-goal in my original post. I was a little fixated on the details and didn't think to provide any big-picture goals. 

Columbia Forrest Company, the company that makes PureBond plywood that you all have seen at home depot I'm sure, makes a product called "Europly" plywood. This stuff is made up of 11(1/2")x or 15(3/4")x  1.27mm thick all-birch sheets/veneers/plys. Literally all I am looking for, is to be able to buy 30-60 of these birch plys before they are glued up into plywood boards. 

This should not be that hard to find... but it is. Ha ha ha. 

I am waiting to head back from Columbia Forrest to see if they will work with me on this. My guess though, is that they won't go for it, and it will likely be because their EuroPly plywood is not made the US, and it may not even be made by them. It kind of feels like they are trying to compete with the "Baltic Birch" plywood that is so rapidly gaining popularity, so they are just buying plywood from somewhere in Finnland, Russia, Estonia... and repackaging it as "EuroPly" here in the US.

We shall see, I suppose. 

4 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

I know squat about drum construction, at least plywood drums. Does the cross grain orientation make that much difference in a cylinder? That shape supports itself in ways that flat sheets or rectilinear boxes can not.

YES!!! The cross grain makes a huge difference in drums. Think of rigidity (or at least consistency of rigidity) in three dimensions around the core circle. 

• Thanks 1

Have you figured out how you will make the form and how you will clamp it up? Seems to me this would not be easy without one of those fancy machines they have in the video.

In the video you linked to, they use 3 ply (3mm) sheets and 1 ply (1mm) sheets to get 9mm and 7mm final thicknesses. Can you use just the 3mm or 1/8" ply to get to 9mm and 6mm final thickness?