Hello from KC area

MJC

Hello,

Just wanted to reach out and say hello. My name is Michael and I have been checking out the forums quietly for a bit. It looks a bit intimidating here to me though because I am really new to woodworking so I feel out of my league. I have been putting a shop together and the only guidance I have is online videos, and platforms such as these. If I ask to many questions forgive me just send me a private message. 

I look forward learning as much as I can from others here and if I can add anything I will try. Thanks in advance for all the help and it is nice to meet you. 

5 minutes ago, MJC said:

It looks a bit intimidating here to me

Welcome to the forums and don't be intimidated at all.  To advance your skills you want to hang around and learn from those that have "been there done that".  You won't advance your skills hanging around people that have the same skills as yours.  Everyone here is still learning, each is just learning at a different level.  Ask all the questions you want.

• Like 1

Duh, Without questions, there are no answers. There's not one of us here that isn't still learning something from someone on this forum.  This place is different than most.   It's here to provide "real" help for those that ask for it. Not here to pick apart anyone's project, unless they are asked to. This is a "learning" forum. you learn from us, and we learn from you.  As far as I know there is only one rule that's true.    "Without pictures, it didn't really happen"  Welcome, and jump right in we're friendly!

• Like 1

Welcome, Michael! All the above is true. We work very hard to keep this forum family and newbie friendly. I would go so far to say that this forum has more genuine knowledge, and less flaming baloney, than any other forum I have visited.

As for questions, ask away! The answers are just as likely to help one of us as you.

• Like 2