best time to buy a sawstop?

Valleyslim

Like post says, when is the best time to buy a sawstop? I wanted to buy it a couple weeks ago when they were offering the free base but i was in the process of moving out of state and i didnt want to buy it till i got to the new house. Now im finally in the new house and im just wondering if sawstop ever has a certain time of the year where they offer something better than the free base or over arm dust collection. Thanks

They typically offer the free accessory in the springtime only. I’ve been looking at SS for a few years and have never seen them offer more than that or any “better” deal. 
You might find a local dealer that will give you a deal on a display or demo model, but I don’t know if they are even allowed to do that.

I waited for the accessory sale, but ended up not liking the overarm thing. I also bought the Industrial base as it seemed better. I have not regretted it in the slightest. 

Also do it in style, take out the money in cash and rubber band it together then just drop it on the counter with a thud. That's how I went. That's because I can't save money unless I take it out in cash and store it somewhere.

• Haha 1

I would say the right time is whenever you can afford it. I bought one a few years back, and the cost was quite high. Now, after owning it for a few years, the cost doesn't matter so much. I received the "free accessory" offer and went with the "standard" mobile base. It works just fine, but is not nearly as nice as the ICS base. For the one time I move it per year, the standard base is just fine.

They have been around long enough now that they are showing up used.  You just have to watch for the model you are after.  I bought mine with the free overarm or base offer.  I don't move my tablesaw so I got the overarm.  It works surprisingly well considering what looks like a poor design.