Dear Hunter

Coop

15 hours ago, Coop said:

She’s darn good at the pistol range too when we can find ammo.

What's the deal with ammo? I was so excited to learn that our trap league will be shooting this year only to find out no one has 12GA shells...I have like 7 boxes which isn't going to get me far :o

5 minutes ago, Coop said:

And reloading supplies are just as bad. You would think the manufacturers would put on another shift to meet the demand. Kind of like HD having 2 checkers with 20 people in line to pay. 

They already have added all the shifts they can while still maintaining covid precautions. The trouble is, it's very risky and expensive to expand facilities to cope with a period of dramatic surge in demand when a year from now that could completely dry up. Federel for instance does not have any space to expand into and local restrictions make that additionally difficult because people are afraid of explosions in the city etc... not to mention to expand production they need to expand water supply and treatment and those facilities are expensive, complicated, and slow to implement.

I do not work for any ammunition producers but am familiar with some of what they have to go through.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Coop said:

And reloading supplies are just as bad. You would think the manufacturers would put on another shift to meet the demand. Kind of like HD having 2 checkers with 20 people in line to pay. 

I'm actually hoping that my dad had some ready to go if not I'm sure he has reloading supplies, becuase he was planning on shooting trap league, so I can knock them out quick. At least that's what I am hoping to do :) 

• Like 1

Congress passed the Real ID Act back in 2005. Since each state manages their own driver’s licenses, there’s no consistency in type or effectiveness of security features across states. Real ID sets minimum standards to enable it to be used for federal identification in addition to state identification. It will be required (or passport, which is another federal identification) to enter some federal facilities and to board flights (TSA is a federal program) and some other federally managed programs. The new deadline is 10/1/2021.

When we moved I had to get a normal driver’s license instead of Real ID (my passport was with the passport administration since I had sent it in for renewal soon before covid hit) and it says in bold “Not for Federal Identification” on it. 

• Like 1