What do you do with your sawdust?

Jury decision? Richard wins with his PDS..... Pickup Dispersal System.

Recycling at its finest.

It's not the worse decision to leave an area with sawdust on the floor to spit your dip.

I keep a small bucket of it for absorbing spills - stain, iced tea, in case Richard turns his beer over....moment of silence [spilled beer]

• Like 2

Jury decision? Richard wins with his PDS..... Pickup Dispersal System.

Recycling at its finest.

It's not the worse decision to leave an area with sawdust on the floor to spit your dip.

I keep a small bucket of it for absorbing spills - stain, iced tea, in case Richard turns his beer over....moment of silence [spilled beer]

It's against the law to spill beer.... No matter how drunk or stupid you may be or when your dispersing roadside mulch.

• Like 1

Since it's icy outside right now I throw it down for grip. Works like a charm since the bulk of my saw dust is from jointing and planing, followed by lathe shreds. It's kind of messy, but hell I didn't buy any salt this year since it damages the blacktop in my driveway and it's nasty.

Yup, I use it on the driveway at the shop and steps at the house for grip (I didn't buy any salt either <_<).  Also, usually carry a large bag or two in the truck in case I get stuck..  Been giving it some thought for using it as kitty litter, though...

Yup, I use it on the driveway at the shop and steps at the house for grip (I didn't buy any salt either <_<).  Also, usually carry a large bag or two in the truck in case I get stuck..  Been giving it some thought for using it as kitty litter, though...

Careful using it as kitty litter. If the cats get into the shop, they'll find that one place where you haven't swept yet...

Mine goes in the dumpster because it's the closest means of disposal.  I could dump it in the woods in my backyard but that would require walking an extra thirty steps.

For those of you who mulch your trees with it: beware.  I wouldn't do that around any smaller ornamental trees that you like.  Decomposition produces heat, and you can damage the shallow feeder root system of smaller trees.  Same thing for grass clippings...drive around your neighborhood and you'll find proof...little dead trees surrounded by fat, brown rings of clippings.  It's not mulch, it's compost.  Big difference.

Well there you go, another use for sawdust. Hiding bodies in trash cans.

and sopping up the blood.  

I have my super dust deputy hooked up to a Brute trash barrel and I put a contractor bag in the barrel for easy disposal in the local trash.  I would get rid of it in the woods, but I have none.  I would use it for kitty litter, but we have tried the wood litter in the past and he doesn't like it, so he would just piss on clothes and shoes.  Maybe I should save some in case I don't like my neighbors some day...or maybe that sister-in-law that I don't like.

Depending upon the amount of sawdust you produce. If you live in a colder weather area you can use it as a heating source for your shop or out on the patio, cabin, hunting camp, or any other place for that matter you would like.. If you look on You tube you will find several really nice sawdust burning stoves that work great.. Look at a couple of them and try it....  When you go on there, look up "sawdust stove".. They burn for hours and produce alot of heat..  without having to feed it after you start it... 

Years ago, I also made one that had a blower to blow the sawdust in the stove, I used it that way as an extra boost along with firewood, but I had extra parts laying around at that time.. that blower booster was based on a factory that I worked at that used nothing but "fines" for heat in their facilities and drying their products. It was a very efficient system.. They used semi loads of "waste" material from another manufacturing facility also in Northern Wisconsin.  Awesome thing.  Wish I still had that house and shop, but that went away as my ex-wife did.. LOL

Note to remember, if you don't produce alot, bag it up and store for that vacation at the cabin.. Just remember not too tie it tight as it will produce dampness and moisture in the bag...  

Have a great day all, just another idea...  

Duane

woodmeister70@yahoo.com

and sopping up the blood.  

I have my super dust deputy hooked up to a Brute trash barrel and I put a contractor bag in the barrel for easy disposal in the local trash.  I would get rid of it in the woods, but I have none.  I would use it for kitty litter, but we have tried the wood litter in the past and he doesn't like it, so he would just piss on clothes and shoes.  Maybe I should save some in case I don't like my neighbors some day...or maybe that sister-in-law that I don't like.

Just curious... What would your SIL do with it?