Forum glitches

TerryMcK

Since the forum has been moved I've noticed that when submitting a post there is a message underneath the dialog box that says "Saving" and it doesn't refresh the screen as it previously used to. Anybody else notice that?

If you refresh the browser manually the posting appears as normal.

Noticed on Chrome on a Windows 7 PC, on Safari on a Mac OS Yosemite and on Ipad/Safari IOS 8.1.2

I was able to reproduce this in Safari on my Mac, but only once. Every subsequent post now works as expected. Is this happening repeatedly for you guys or was it just one time? If it keeps happening, try clearing cookies and cache just to eliminate that as a potential conflict. 

If folks are seeing this repeatedly, I'll submit a ticket to the host.

I'm getting the glitch.  It takes about 10-15 seconds to submit a post after I click "post."  Then it doesn't display my post after it's done submitting unless I refresh.  Then when I go back to my "view new content," it shows the post I just made as unread...still in bold if ya know what I mean...as if someone else made the new post.

Also I've got PM issues...it did the same thing as when I submit a post, except it appears it never went anywhere.

I've only experienced the forum with my Chromebook so far...haven't tried other computers yet.

• Like 1

I've been seeing the problem off and on for several days, using Tapatalk from an android phone. I'll submit a post, and whatch the whirlpool of death for a while, then get a message that the app was unable to contact the forum. But when I navigate back to the 'unread' list, my posts are usually there.

• Like 1

When I made a post, it spun for a long time and then just stopped.  Refreshing the page showed my post at the bottom of the thread.  Then, I "liked" a different post and the same thing happened - it spun for a long time and then the activity indicator stopped but the page stayed the same.  Again, refreshing the page showed my "like".

• Like 1

I have been having a hell of a time getting on here. Repeated issues from my iPhone using tapatalk, iPhone using browser, Apple MacBook Pro using safari and Google chrome, and my crappy PC system at work which uses google chrome.

This is the first time I've been able to get on in a couple of days.

I'm getting emails about missed PM messages. Replying to a PM if the sender is no longer online has a glitch in it. RichardA brought it to my attention, I passed it along to TIDIOS (Kev).

Sorry your having issues with this change, not griping just trying to pass along info. Usually up late if I can help with testing from an iPad , wifi and LTE connections available.