Table saw safety please don't take for granted

Thanks for sharing and the reminder. I don't think that being too safe is ever a bad thing. I hope that you recover as much as you can both mentally and physically. I know the mental hurdle after something like that, for me, would be harder then the physical recovery.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm a bass player and I literally pause before every cut with any power tool. I'm glad to get another reminder.

My son nearly lost half of his hand last year. He had fantastic surgeons and they were able to save his hand, but there was no guarantee how much movement he was going to have. He really embraced his physical therapy and has regained most of his strength and flexibility.

Stick with it and don't give up. It is tough and the progress will seem non-existent at times, but it can and will get better!

• Like 1

Claude, thanks for sharing your story. I am working on improving my hand saw skills and upgrading my bandsaw to minimize the use of my table saw. It's a great tool but even with all precautions it's inherently dangerous. It'll always be part of my shop but I hope to use it less. Plus I like the quiet of hand tools. 

Wow Claude, Im sorry you went through that. Glad you were able to keep your fingers though! I think I understand that would be a huge deal for me too! It's stories like these that make me glad I went with a SawStop! Accidents can happen to anyone at any time regardless of experience. Hope you continue to work wood and that your healing is going well!