Desk Build

..Kev

6 hours ago, mat60 said:

Desk looks very nice.Bet it was fun working with a friend.

It's always fun to get to do a project with someone I've met here!

6 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Looks awesome, Kev ! Nice work.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, JosephThomas said:

Good stuff

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys

1 hour ago, Brendon_t said:

That's awesome. Glad you're getting to make some dust fly on the road.   And Good on ya Chet for loaning out your space. 

Chet's got a great shop!  Super fun to work/play in!

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:03 AM, TIODS said:

Pretty much a desk in a day.

This really blew my mind. I built a similar desk with m&t joinery in the Spring and it took significantly longer. Is the Domino really such a great tool that you can knock out a project like this in a weekend? I've always ruled it out based on the cost. I use a biscuit joiner for large panels and I get good results. But I can never get it accurate enough for something like joining the aprons to the legs. I would love to be able to knock something like this out in a weekend.

-E

1 hour ago, Elroy Skimms said:

This really blew my mind. I built a similar desk with m&t joinery in the Spring and it took significantly longer. Is the Domino really such a great tool that you can knock out a project like this in a weekend? I've always ruled it out based on the cost. I use a biscuit joiner for large panels and I get good results. But I can never get it accurate enough for something like joining the aprons to the legs. I would love to be able to knock something like this out in a weekend.

-E

The simple answer is "yes".  I spent roughly an hour from laying them out to doing a dry fit on this project.  If you do enough projects requiring M&T joinery and you value your time, then it really is worth the money.  If you do 1 project a year with M&T joinery then, maybe it's not worth the money.

My total time to build that desk was around 15 hours and that included dry time between coats of finish.

4 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Now that is cute ! Pretty cool she knows its cherry and it seems like she even attempted to draw a hand plane on the desk. Cool little kid !

Yea, but we gotta chat about that hammer and nail stuff ;)

• Like 1