Another new toy!

Mick S

4 minutes ago, TIODS said:

Yep, it's a good one..  I did a journal a while back for a stand with storage..  My stand is still in the box as well.  

Congrats!

I went back this morning and read through your journa. Very informative. Mine is a little simpler - all Baltic Birch and just a tad smaller, but will be fine for its new purpose. I think I've used my HCM once in the past year. Time to go!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TIODS said:

Yep, it's a good one..  I did a journal a while back for a stand with storage..  My stand is still in the box as well.  

Congrats!

And a fine stand it is indeed:) I be yo copycat!

What is a HCM? Oh, and congrats micks on your new sander!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gixxerjoe04 said:

I was at woodcraft yesterday eyeballing the supermax once again, might buy one in two weeks, just depends if I want to make my wife a little angry haha

Well that would be 1 way to avoid getting any chance at practicing for the next kid for 3-5 years!

Random question, does anyone know where yo get spare parts for a supermax sander? I might need to replace a few things, might want to replace the converyor belt too...

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized supermax has the manuals for each machine on their website, which contains a full parts list with serial numbers. They also have a good troubleshooting section which should speed up my repairs. What a great company.

I had a hell of a time getting my new conveyor belt to track. The old one lasted over 10 years until the seam started to fail. I read about a rubber belt being available but didn't want to wait on shipping when I could buy the abrasive one locally. Approach belt tracking with extreme patience !

Question for all you 19-38 owners - will the shipping boxes fit in the back of a Subaru Outback? The tracker on my sander is showing that it will arrive in Albuquerque (one hour from here) tonight around midnight, but delivery is tentatively scheduled for Oct. 14. We live about 15 miles from Santa Fe, off the beaten path and RAK only delivers here on Fridays. Then there's usually a several day transfer delay from the original shipper to RAK before they schedule it for the following week. I would rather drive to ABQ and pick it up. 

Plus, I can get a Whataburger #4 while I'm there!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, micks said:

Question for all you 19-38 owners - will the shipping boxes fit in the back of a Subaru Outback? The tracker on my sander is showing that it will arrive in Albuquerque (one hour from here) tonight around midnight, but delivery is tentatively scheduled for Oct. 14. We live about 15 miles from Santa Fe, off the beaten path and RAK only delivers here on Fridays. Then there's usually a several day transfer delay from the original shipper to RAK before they schedule it for the following week. I would rather drive to ABQ and pick it up. 

I can drive 5-10 minutes, in any direction and get a WB # 2. But I would drive the 1 hour if I had too:D

• Like 1

Just now, K Cooper said:

I can drive 5-10 minutes, in any direction and get a WB # 2. But I would drive the 1 hour if I had too:D

I had my first WB in 1961 - I was 5 and knew then and there that it would be a lifelong love. In 2004 I moved to NC. No WB - at least not the chain I grew up with. To have one within an hour is perfect - it ensures that I don't OD on them, but I can still splurge occasionally.

If I remember correctly it should.  It ships on a pallet but you can take it off.  The big question may be getting it in and out of your car safely with out hurting yourself and you helper.  The section with the drum and motor is heavy,  I mean heavy.  I think that one part is over 200 pounds the other two boxes or nothing.

11 hours ago, micks said:

I don't know how big the shipping crates are but outbacks are awesome. A friend of mine picked up a 4 cyl engine and loaded it in the back of his outback. He said he was infinity impressed at how well it handled the task. I've been around subaru's for the last 5 years a lot and I'm impressed with their vehicles, i don't care what kind of stigma they have.

Good luck with the sander and i look forward to seeing some cool projects made with it.

2 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I don't know how big the shipping crates are but outbacks are awesome. A friend of mine picked up a 4 cyl engine and loaded it in the back of his outback. He said he was infinity impressed at how well it handled the task. I've been around subaru's for the last 5 years a lot and I'm impressed with their vehicles, i don't care what kind of stigma they have.

Good luck with the sander and i look forward to seeing some cool projects made with it.

We love ours. We live in a semi-rural area on a dirt road. We get about 5 - 8 pretty good (8" or more) snowfalls a year, so the AWD really comes in handy. 

I just got the notification that the sander has made it to the ABF dock in ABQ, so I'm heading down there first thing Wed to pick it up!