New pole barn shop progress

estesbubba

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Insulation is such a huge factor! It's 24F where I am and my shop is at 48F with no heat on. Although I just turned the heat on so I can play a little ;)

You will also notice it keeps your shop cooler in the summer too Mike.

So far the insulation is doing great in warmer weather. Last several days it has been in the mid to upper 80s and very humid and warmest shop has been is 70 which feels great. We'll see what July and August brings but I think it will be tolerable in there.

• Like 1

So far the insulation is doing great in warmer weather. Last several days it has been in the mid to upper 80s and very humid and warmest shop has been is 70 which feels great. We'll see what July and August brings but I think it will be tolerable in there.

You'll love the insulation!  My shop is always much cooler than outside in the summer as well!

You're assuming I'm making progress...

Spring outdoor projects have been in full force so little shop time but I finished gluing the top up this morning. I'll get some updated pics tomorrow.

Last update I saw was a sexy pile of boards.. A glue up is progress.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work! Thought you might be interested in seeing a timber frame barn I put up for my new shop, still in progress, https://goo.gl/photos/KSw3qGykvj9a16Yv9

sorry, I'm with coop on this one, your not going to make many friends showing off that epic shop :D that is a nice barn, I bet you could really find your zin working some walnut with hand tools in there!

Agreed, I motion for the immediate banning of brownie, this banning may be lifted by hosting a barn burner party with cases and cases of beer. .

hmm... Cases and cases of beer? Better take the safety keys out of the power tools, we all know how Eric is...
  • Like 2

Epic shop....we've just elected you mayor..........that was a good question....how is it anchored?

If you mean the timber frame, it's anchored to various sill plates which are bolted to the foundation. I ended up drilling pockets for 4" GRKs at the bases of the posts to anchor them to the sills.

• Like 1

Mike, your shop is incredible also. It looks huge, well built, and very well equipped. Your dust system looks rocking too. Nice job putting it all together so far. I'm still finishing up too, does it ever really get done? Next up for me is building an assembly table, router table, then workbench. Then about a hundred other projects.

The barn is in about 5 acres of meadow along with the house I also just built. Lots of wildflowers, but a neighbor hays it once a year for silage for his cows. I hope to start haying it more often and bringing it into better pasture over time. Your meadow is real nice and I like the work I saw on your website. Keep up the good work!