What album(s) can you listen all the way through without skipping a track?

TerryMcK

I know they are not that popular in the states, but "The Tragically Hip' have a tonne of awesome music, and I can listen to almost any of their albums from end to end.  Sometimes I listen to 6 or so of them in a row without skipping a track.  I prefer their older material, like "Up to Here", "Road Apples" and "Phantom Power".

Another incredible Canadian Band is "Big Sugar".  You wanna hear a guy play a guitar, check out Gordie on some of their tracks.

Finally, if you are into folk, I LOVE east coaster Gordie Sampson.  Check out his album "Stones".

Soooooo many. CTA, 16, 17, Daylight Again, Allies, Resistance,

Ok, I interrupt myself to add, since I am young enough to buy these digitally on memory of my dad's 8 Track and cassette collection, I do not buy entire albums unless I want entire albums. It is too easy to hunt and peck the Ozzy tracks I want. That said, I listen to almost all of my classical albums from beginning to end also. But how many of you all out there really care about three hours of the Mass in "h moll" like I do? I know my kind of crazy and you don't even have to pretend to understand or respect it.

There's a lot of old hippies here :P !  All of the bands mentioned I really like, (except meatloaf..  Can't stand them).  Dont think this band has been mentioned yet, but they are somewhat a more modern mix of Grateful Dead, Beatles, led Zepplin, etc.  Very psychedelic but very much their own sound.  Few albums I can listen to without skipping something, but these guys are definitely up there..  Picture yourself back in the day listening to something like this B)..

Phish (Fish)..  A group of music majors from Univ. Berkley back in the late 80's / early 90's.  Musicians first, singer's second.  Their rhythm is unbelievable!

A few of my fav's are linked to below. 

I think if Phish songs were four minutes long instead of thirty, I could enjoy them more.  It's the same for me with the Grateful Dead...I'm kind of a poser Dead fan...I like their studio stuff but their live albums bore me to tears.  Which true Deadheads would hack me into pieces for saying.

I think if Phish songs were four minutes long instead of thirty, I could enjoy them more.  It's the same for me with the Grateful Dead...I'm kind of a poser Dead fan...I like their studio stuff but their live albums bore me to tears.  Which true Deadheads would hack me into pieces for saying.

They can get a little long, BUT if you ever have a chance to see them live (not sure if they're still doing shows together) jump on it. Much like the good 'Ol days, there are two shows. The performers and the audience! It's unreal. I once watched a guy spin in circles for 3 hours at one of their shows :-). Don't know what he was on, but it was better than what I had ;-)

• Like 1