Black Friday Money Blowing Bonanza!

Eric.

so far i see 3 out of 3 agreeing that they bought the tool, and found no value in it.  Eric doesn't use it,  coop's giving it away,  I threw mine away.  I'm pretty sure I said what I meant. 

So I see 3 nays, and dozens of yays in reviews online. So there are people finding a use for it. I certainly prefer to experience things myself instead of relying entirely on the opinions of people who are so much better than me that half the tools and crutches I need right now are probably not necessary for them.

I mean, you guys all find uses different types of hand planes that I'm not sure I'll ever use. So I'm not terribly concerned.

Like I said, seems handy. Won't know til I try it. If not, I'd have been fine being out $50 cause $50 isn't really a lot to concern myself with. In this case, I will not be paying $50 for it so it's even better.

I'm going with optimism. Because it's the last day before a four day weekend and I feel pretty ok.

Back to Black Friday purchases!!

Surprisingly, this stuff isn't a highly discounted item on Black Friday... that's baloney if you ask me!

(on Friday the electrician will be running conduit for our 400-amp service upgrade plus the 200-amp leg to the site of the new shop.  Running a second conduit with coax and Cat5e.  Now if I could just get that darn foundation in!)

So my real Black Friday purchase will probably be a whole lotta Jet clamps.  Any maybe a hock "build your own Krenov plane" kit.

conduit.thumb.png.8584a44dd167241972daa6

The only tool I use a wixey on is my router table. I used it the other day with a coping sled. Had to drop the bit to reference the board edge against the bearing then raise it back to the same height for matching round overs on both end grains. My drum sander will have one built in. 

Come to think of it, I dont know why i didn't just use the fence. Maybe I just got lazy and that way was quicker. I have used it on the RT numerous times though, seems handy there.

Edited by Janello

I agree,  worthless 

I own the same vac,  I would highly recommend getting the bag insert. Those high efficiency filters KILL your airflow once a bit of fines get in there.

this ended up being the bagless version ... I filled it once today and took it back. completely useless without a bag.I got a 12 gallon one with a bag and I like it much better.

It seems to still have great suction with the high efficiency filter in it as well. I can still stick it to the ground with using the supplied cleaning accessories. so it is good enough for me .. not sure how much more suction I would get with the regular one, but if it is much more I would say that is almost too much suction.

So I see 3 nays, and dozens of yays in reviews online. So there are people finding a use for it. I certainly prefer to experience things myself instead of relying entirely on the opinions of people who are so much better than me that half the tools and crutches I need right now are probably not necessary for them.

I mean, you guys all find uses different types of hand planes that I'm not sure I'll ever use. So I'm not terribly concerned.

Like I said, seems handy. Won't know til I try it. If not, I'd have been fine being out $50 cause $50 isn't really a lot to concern myself with. In this case, I will not be paying $50 for it so it's even better.

I'm going with optimism. Because it's the last day before a four day weekend and I feel pretty ok.

Cliff, it seems wildly optimistic to assume you won't fall down the hand plane rabbit hole too. I give it six months before you're drooling over the Lee valley and Lie Nielson catalogues too. :)

Cliff, it seems wildly optimistic to assume you won't fall down the hand plane rabbit hole too. I give it six months before you're doing over the Lee valley and Lie Nielson catalogues. :)

I did get a LN block plane. And I can surely see a router plane and shoulder plane in my future. Other than that - man I just gotta have someone baby-step me through using planes. I'm a disaster. So I'm stay away from it until I can take the time to learn to do it right.

Cliff, my advise would be to go to a woodworking show that Veritas is present at if you can. They will let you use the tools and guide you through the basics and even share some more in depth knowledge. Grab a bench plane and ask questions. They want you to buy and go out of their way to pass along knowledge. Just dont be afraid to ask questions and you will learn a ton.

• Like 1

Cliff, my advise would be to go to a woodworking show that Veritas is present at if you can. They will let you use the tools and guide you through the basics and even share some more in depth knowledge. Grab a bench plane and ask questions. They want you to buy and go out of their way to pass along knowledge. Just dont be afraid to ask questions and you will learn a ton.

Definitely on my "to-do" list!

2 x 31" Bessey Revo clamps for $38!

This is about 1/2 off!

http://www.amazon.com/Bessey-K-Body-Fixed-Parallel-Clamp/dp/B001NHRHO6/ref=sr_1_6?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1448559715&sr=1-6&keywords=bessey+revo

Make sure you select "other seller" option for $37.99 with prime shipping.  I just ordered 4 pair.

Amazon is stocked out of that item.  You could be waiting a while.

Yes, they are out of stock, but still 50% off is something I am willing to wait a little while. I had the same situation a couple years ago with Bessey and Amazon, and eventually they did fill the order.

...annnnnnd done. Let's see if that price sticks. Had to do another search since it looks like it was only for one on the link posted. Did a search for bessey revo 2 pack and then went to "other options" and seems to have taken. Not in a rush, and beats the prices on the "50%" sale at Woodcraft, so pretty swanky deal. Nice find!