Black Friday Money Blowing Bonanza!

Eric.

Why not wait four more days and get 15% off?  Or does the discount not apply to the drum sander because it's a new machine?

The guy I ordered it from is  friend who happens to be a Jet/powermatic dealer. I will get i at his cost and he will do the best price shopping. He may wait a few days if thats the case.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, there is no way I will be able to compare, since I never operated a supermax or any other drum sander for that matter. I'm gonna be just as curious as you!

I will give you my unbiased opinion of how it compares to my poter-cable 4" wide hand held belt sander. I have a feeling it's gonna be a tough call, that belt sander is pretty awesome. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, there is no way I will be able to compare, since I never operated a supermax or any other drum sander for that matter. I'm gonna be just as curious as you!

I will give you my unbiased opinion of how it compares to my poter-cable 4" wide hand held belt sander. I have a feeling it's gonna be a tough call, that belt sander is pretty awesome. :rolleyes:

Haha! Im sure you will love it, thats one heck of an upgrade! 

Voted best looking on the forum and now a powermatic drum sander! Some people got all the luck!!

• Like 2

I picked up a Festool ETS EC150/5 sander today and a boom arm kit for my CT 26. Waiting patiently with the toys stashed in the cab of my truck until I can get home from work to put the boom arm together and play with the sander. Ugh. Torture.

Next Monday I'll be picking up 6 of the 12" and 2 more of the 40" Jet parallel clamps as part of the 50% off sale. They're already stashed for me, just have to show up and pay.

No more toys for me for a little bit.

Come one, come all!

Show off your new goodies or come here to be inspired to blow your hard earned money!

Who needs to wait for Black Friday when you can blow any day of the week?!?!

I'll start it off.  Just a little warm-up session before the big blow in five days!  Today I bought...

Precision_Router_Base.jpg

(just the base)

Carbide Downcut Inlay Router Bits 1/32" dia.

(yes, it's that tiny...1/32")

On_Off_Footswitch.jpg

(look Mom, no hands!)

81hMctFO1SL._SL1500_.jpg

(for making sure there's no bugs in my food)

And last but not least...I've been drooling over this one for years, and now it's mine...

Big Daddy Pattern Bit

Now get out there, soldier, and BLOW that money!  He who is not broke by December loses!

I am not sure that that will fit in the router above.

• Like 1

Lets see, in the last week I have bought:  Grizzly hybrid table saw, Shop Fox mobile base, Freud dado stack, zero clearance insert, 4" to 2.5" dust collector adapter, Rigid 16ga finish nailer, a can of Arm-R-Seal (semi-gloss on sale from amazon for 11 bucks), and Kreg double pocket hole jig & screws.  After I buy the lumber for my vanity build I should be good on the money spending for a while.  Well, until I have to buy the granite top for said vanity.  And the hardware for the vanity...  And, who knows what all else, this remodeling stuff is getting expensive. 

I was thinking something like this as well for my DC ... how is the quality of this one?

Don't know, but I'll let you know when I get it and try it out. The price is better than anything else I saw, for $45 I figured I'd take a chance on a switch. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'm going light this year, but I made up for it with the spending the first 11 months.

-Kreg PRS3034 Insert Plate TL-Triton

71pZvxzKGxL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.f249187c6

-Triton TRA001 3-1/4 HP Dual Mode Precision Plunge Router

61pDy9JJypL._SL1000_.thumb.jpg.67cf15f19

-DEWALT DW7350 Planer Stand with Integrated Mobile Base

717YDb0PBdL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.bfe82674f

If I can find a way to swing it, I'll pick up the extensions for the DW735 that I bought last week and the Wixey Digital Planer Gauge. 

And the darn Incra Dovetail bit set that I need. 

Edit - Oh and none of these were "deals" or on sale. Just what I happened to need.

Edited by Cliff

I'm going light this year, but I made up for it with the spending the first 11 months.

-Kreg PRS3034 Insert Plate TL-Triton

71pZvxzKGxL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.f249187c6

-Triton TRA001 3-1/4 HP Dual Mode Precision Plunge Router

61pDy9JJypL._SL1000_.thumb.jpg.67cf15f19

-DEWALT DW7350 Planer Stand with Integrated Mobile Base

717YDb0PBdL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.bfe82674f

If I can find a way to swing it, I'll pick up the extensions for the DW735 that I bought last week and the Wixey Digital Planer Gauge. 

And the darn Incra Dovetail bit set that I need. 

Edit - Oh and none of these were "deals" or on sale. Just what I happened to need.

I put in one of the kreg plates and have been very happy with it. Just don't drop it on the floor... I did as I was getting the insert hole cut and chipped the edges.