Black Friday Money Blowing Bonanza!

Eric.

You guys are going to think I'm lying, but my wife is the one that actually talks me into getting more shop stuff. I tend to be criminally parsimonious at times

Thanks for adding parsimonious to my vocabulary, sounds much better than cheapskate. ? I am lucky enough to have a wife that does the same. "Buy whatever I want, she says." If she only knew how much I "want" she'd be a little more cautious with that phrase... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK I lied. Now I need stuff to make the planer more than a very expensive paperweight.

br240.jpg

032886263651.jpg

just had the electrical inspector here this week, got all shop wiring approved and stamped.  Glad that's all done, it was a lot of work wiring it, and a difficult job getting a suitable time booked with the inspector.

• Like 1

Dang, y'all Have dropped some series coin.    Tom I feel ya, I've gotta hit some wiring up before the unisaw goes vroom,,,

I gotta get some 2-2-2-4 SER cable, and panel for a 100 amp sub. Going with surface mount conduit for all the 220V tools. Room for expansion, maybe get another dust collector within the next year and duct all my stuff. It's time to move and get a bigger shop, and no HOA.

Time for my first drink of green kool-aid.

image.jpeg

Excellent choice! I suspect a CleanTex (CT) is on your shortlist. 

I went there for a $25 router bit and ended up order a router and a cast iron wing for my table saw.   The router ended up being about $230 which is a good price for that unit.  image.thumb.png.ab5ece8c1bc27b65a385bfb8

I just ordered that same router. Will be here on Monday. You got it $50 cheaper than me. 

I gotta get some 2-2-2-4 SER cable, and panel for a 100 amp sub. Going with surface mount conduit for all the 220V tools. Room for expansion

Splain this for me bro, I'm putting in an 80 a sub, haven't figured out the circuitry yet.  I'll have at least 2 220v circuits but don't know why you wouldn't just run it in the wall.

Splain this for me bro, I'm putting in an 80 a sub, haven't figured out the circuitry yet.  I'll have at least 2 220v circuits but don't know why you wouldn't just run it in the wall.

Running anything to the other side of the shop is like moving a mountain. I have all my 110 and 2 220s run in the walls. I'm not opening them back up. Conduit will allow for moving and changing things if I need. Plus it's worlds easier, I have no attic in my garage, I've got a bedroom above it. If there was an attic, I'd run wire there and just snake it in the walls. 

@Tom Cancelleri is that a 3hp 15" planer? If so interesting it needs a 40 amp circuit. My cyclone required 40 amp and that 8 gauge wire isn't easy to work with. 

That's one bad-ass looking planer. 

I said the same thing, I thought 3hp on 40 amp seems excessive. I was talking to my bro in law who is an electrical designer, and he said that HP rating doesn't match up to the needed amperage, unless it's under a very heavy load I can't see it popping a 30. 

Straight from PMs manual
Screen_Shot_2015_11_29_at_9_17_18_AM.png

Edited by Tom Cancelleri

I said the same thing, I thought 3hp on 40 amp seems excessive. I was talking to my bro in law who is an electrical designer, and he said that HP rating doesn't match up to the needed amperage, unless it's under a very heavy load I can't see it popping a 30. 

Straight from PMs manual
Screen_Shot_2015_11_29_at_9_17_18_AM.png

Tom, my electrician put a 30 amp breaker for the planer. By code here he was not allowed to put a 40. It didnt make sense. Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

What is your LT18HD running on? They recommend 40 as well.

30 amps. Not sure why these manufacturers recommend these breakers sizes. My electrician refused to install such oversized breakers. . He calculated each tool with the info on the motor. Never had an issue. Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1