A chair that rocks!!

shaneymack

52 minutes ago, Immortan D said:

Yeah before he had the sex change operation. Or was it a lobotomy?

6 minutes ago, TIODS said:

Same operations ;)

Its called a sexbotomy. It was my wifes idea. Its where they remove your brain and replace it with your penis. She says I think better with it anyways.........

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Day 49, 

Progress:  I have been valiantly winning the staring contest since my lobotomy with the rocker for the last to 3 weeks. Eventually, it will tire of this game and sand it's damn self..

image.jpg

Another Shane look-a-like..  They all look the same to me ;)

• Like 1

Glad you are keeping going.  I figured something like life getting in the way. 

Let us know how the  wenge does bending.  I've tried doing  it a few times and failed spectacularly. 

Keeping going is the only option! There's no quit in this guy!!!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, woodsmoke said:

How are the back slats (spindles) to be installed?

I have one idea, but rather than state it, I'll keep quiet and just ask.

I know the answer will make me feel like a dope.

The sculpturing looks fantastic.

The top of the back slats have a 3/8" tenon that fits into a 3/8" hole that was drilled into the headrest. The bottom of the slats have a 1/2" tenon that fits into a 1/2" hole that was drilled into the seat. It will all be glued in place with epoxy. 

If you look back through the journal I think there are some pics of the tenons/mortises....

The chair is looking great Shane! Keep it up, buddy....,,,,,,I did see your photo by the way on the WTO yearbook post... I'm really impressed. I had no idea the lead singer of Midnight Oil was such an accomplished woodworker.... when the shopfloor gets dusty though, how can you sweep when the beds are burning??

• Like 1

Spent 3 hours this evening scraping and sanding. Im getting the chair as close to final as i can before the spindle/headrest glue up. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to glue up the spindles. I was almost there this evening but ran out of time.

Total time 65.5 hours.

The chair is looking great Shane! Keep it up, buddy....,,,,,,I did see your photo by the way on the WTO yearbook post... I'm really impressed. I had no idea the lead singer of Midnight Oil was such an accomplished woodworker.... when the shopfloor gets dusty though, how can you sweep when the beds are burning??

Haha! Good song! Id rather look like that guy than that pitbull guy, atleast Midnight oil had some talent!!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

23 hours ago, shaneymack said:

The top of the back slats have a 3/8" tenon that fits into a 3/8" hole that was drilled into the headrest. The bottom of the slats have a 1/2" tenon that fits into a 1/2" hole that was drilled into the seat. It will all be glued in place with epoxy. 

If you look back through the journal I think there are some pics of the tenons/mortises....

Sorry, the head rest is so well fared that it looks glued up, making slat installation a challenge.

Now I feel like a dope. LOL