A chair that rocks!!

shaneymack

I always like when people share their mistakes and how they fix them.  Helps us all obsesses less over our own screw ups and learn various repair techniques.

Good on ya Shane.

Thanks. Hopefully it will help someone else from making this thoughtless mistake if they build this chair!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, ChrisG-Canada said:

Wow looking fantastic

43 minutes ago, TIODS said:

Super nice work Shane!  Won't be long now!

38 minutes ago, Immortan D said:

Looking great! 

Thanks guys! 

Kev, is it a pretty quick process for the rest? Transitions are pretty quick and easy?

17 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Kev, is it a pretty quick process for the rest? Transitions are pretty quick and easy?

Yea, you're on the downhill slide now..  You'll spend a bunch of time after you finish your sculpting on the rockers just going over the chair with a fine tooth comb making sure it's ready for finish.

Still a bit of time to spend sculpting the rockers tho..  Time for the die grinder and the rasps! 

• Like 1

Kinda sad it's almost over,

It is weird how that is, when you are working on a project, that is all you want to do so you can get it done, then you are done and wish you still had more to do.

Im normally pretty happy to be done a project and on to the next. There is just something really special about this thing. I am for sure going to do more of this style of furniture. Some lowbacks, barstools and some more rockers are in my future I'm sure.

Looks great, fast progress! I can't believe you're still under 80 hours!

Thanks JT! It doesn't feel like it has been fast. The first three weeks before the holidays went really fast but then i lost momentum with the holidays and getting snipped.

I had estimated around 100 hours, and it looks like I will be close!

6 minutes ago, boelkers said:

This rocker looks amazing Shane!  I am in complete awe of how good this thing looks and the level of detail it has taken you to get to this point.  Great job.  Can't wait to see the finished product soon.

Thanks Brandon, i appreciate that! I as well can't wait to see the finished product !! I also can't wait to get home today to take it out of the clamps and give it a test drive !!!

• Like 1