A chair that rocks!!

shaneymack

35 minutes ago, bgreenb said:

Just caught up.  Amazing work Shane.  You've really motored through this build.  Can't wait to see the finished piece.

44 minutes ago, estesbubba said:

This project keeps getting better! When you get done with the wife's are you going to make one for yourself?

Thanks Guys! Im not sure i will make another for our house but Im sure I will make some lowbacks and some bar stools for the kitchen island in this style someday. Maybe a double rocker to replace our loveseat....:)

This has and continues to be one of my favorite journals to follow. Learning from you and admiring your attention to detail has been rewarding to say the least. Like you I'm a bit sad to see it come to completion . However I also can't wait to see the feet up pic...

• Like 1

This has and continues to be one of my favorite journals to follow. Learning from you and admiring your attention to detail has been rewarding to say the least. Like you I'm a bit sad to see it come to completion . However I also can't wait to see the feet up pic...

Wow thanks Dave! Some very kind words, i appreciate it very much!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It looks awesome, Shane! Are you doing the sanding dust and oil slurry thing on it to get that velvety-smooth lusciousness?

I'm not familiar with that method Ross. Im just using watco danish oil. I find it to be a tad too satin. I hope i can get a little more sheen out of it by buffing it with some steel wool. Im open to suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Shane, what I referred to is a technique that was supposedly used by Maloof, where you apply the oil liberally, then rub it in with a fine abrasive (400 or 600 grit wet/dry paper) to create a slurry that fills the pores. Wait a bit, then wipe back with a clean cloth. Leaves a buttery-smooth surface. Don't know if it helps much after the first coat.

2 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Shane, what I referred to is a technique that was supposedly used by Maloof, where you apply the oil liberally, then rub it in with a fine abrasive (400 or 600 grit wet/dry paper) to create a slurry that fills the pores. Wait a bit, then wipe back with a clean cloth. Leaves a buttery-smooth surface. Don't know if it helps much after the first coat.

Well I guess I missed the bus on this one....

42 minutes ago, Immortan D said:

Awesome, Shane!

Photos are not bad, the problem is the noisy background, take your pics outdoors on a cloudy day and prioritize a large aperture!

Well considering it is winter here that isnt going to happen. I bought some 5000 lumen leds on a stand yesterday and I have a big white sheet. I will hang the sheet up and see if i can get the lights set up in a way that looks good. I will also pull out the DSLR which should be an improvement over my cell phone.