A chair that rocks!!

shaneymack

37 minutes ago, estesbubba said:

Great work Shane and it turned out beautiful! Have the next project in mind yet?

Thanks Mike !

Lol, I have years worth of projects lined up ! Next i will be doing a cabinet for my wife to put in the tack room at the barn. She needs a proper one that all her riding gear can fit in and has a lock on it. There is someone stealing stuff at the barn where we board our horse. It will just be a plywood construction with some wood edging. Pretty simple. Hopefully I can get that done asap as I want to get started on some sculpted lowbacks or another rocker. We have a staged model house that my office is in and I might set up a few pieces in there for sale. We do high end custom house so this would be the right clientele. 

I know I said this to you already on chat, but might as well get it on the record - unreal job!  Obviously we'll want some more pics, but man is this a beautiful chair.  Great job on grain selection - the headrest grain is perfect.  You really flew through this build.  2 months for this chair including the holidays, flu, and...ahem...surgery???  Nice work buddy.  

Now just fly hhh up to montreal to take some photos :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, shaneymack said:

LOL ! Thanks Chestnut !

Have I sat in it !!!! Holy crap have i ever. I have 4 children and the three youngest LOVE rocking with me. Just because of this it was worth every moment i spent building it!  The oldest likes it as well but he can rock himself lol. 

Don't say you will never have enough skill, thats a load of baloney. Its all little steps like anything else. 

Thanks for the inspiration i feel like I'm a couple steps away from something this caliber. I guess the only way to know is to try right? I need to do a Roubo first though.

Wow 4 kids you are a busy man, with kids off in the future somewhere for me it's comforting to know that people manage to balance kids and woodworking. All of my friends make having kids seem like an end of all things fun moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaneymack said:

The oldest likes it as well but he can rock himself lol. 

Thats how it feels to get old they start not needing your help. LOL  The rocker looks good so do the photos.  Don't worry about the wrinkles in the background it adds character to the photos just like they add character to your face.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Chet K. said:

Thats how it feels to get old they start not needing your help. LOL  The rocker looks get so do the photos.  Don't worry about the wrinkles in the background it adds character to the photos just like they add character to your face.

LOL ! I should have ironed better but i didnt have the patience.....

30 minutes ago, estesbubba said:

Looks great Shane! Funny your wife knows what a rasp is. When I opened my Auriou rasp for Christmas my wife said "$110 for a file?". I told her "it's a rasp" :D

She is well trained !!

30 minutes ago, Immortan D said:

Absolutely gorgeous, Shane!

Thanks guys !!!

Tremendous work Shane!

Have you considered submitting it for the Wood Whisperer's showcase? I'm sure others who don't frequent the forum would love to see your chair. Could cause a drastic spike in the Guild's "Sculpted Rocker" sales.

Thanks Dave! Im not too sure about this showcase thing. Thats on Mr Whisperers website?

Im not super confident about these pictures. Maybe i would do something like that once i had a proper photography setup like Marc. His pics always look good.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk