Lost a friend this week :-(

shaneymack

15 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Where have you been hiding Cliff?  Welcome back.

Heh mostly in video game land. But I tend to go in cycles on forums. I'll disappear for months then show back up til my anti-social behavior takes over again. I've really done very little woodworking the last six months because I bought everything to put a ceiling in my shop, but didn't get it in before winter. Finally getting all those ridiculous sheets of osb and insulation where they belong and out of my way and can start doing projects in the next few weeks. 

And thanks, always nice to be welcomed back :)

She is small for a mastiff. 150 lbs. This pic is 3 years old but understandably my favorite.

999548_10151765903145590_990658939_n.thumb.jpg.dc3173a744d7a6ff6152de6e5f375386.jpg

She is cute !! She is a bullmastiff. I was thinking english mastiff. I like any kind of mastiff except of course the nasty neopolitan mastiff.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Cliff said:

Heh mostly in video game land. But I tend to go in cycles on forums. I'll disappear for months then show back up til my anti-social behavior takes over again. I've really done very little woodworking the last six months because I bought everything to put a ceiling in my shop, but didn't get it in before winter. Finally getting all those ridiculous sheets of osb and insulation where they belong and out of my way and can start doing projects in the next few weeks. 

And thanks, always nice to be welcomed back :)

Good to hear that.  I was a little worried that I ran you off with my "gamers are like junkies" commentary.  Obviously that was hyperbole but I figured it probably offended you.  I'm in the "making amends" step at the moment, so...sorry about that. :)  Good to have ya back.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eric. said:

Good to hear that.  I was a little worried that I ran you off with my "gamers are like junkies" commentary.  Obviously that was hyperbole but I figured it probably offended you.  I'm in the "making amends" step at the moment, so...sorry about that. :)  Good to have ya back.

Offended? Nah. Annoyed? Sure! But I get it. You are who you are. We disagree fundamentally on some things. Doesn't make me dislike you or anything hah. It's also hard to come here and see the stuff you guys are doing when I can't go out and do stuff cause there were 14 sheets of OSB and 4 giant packs of insulation taking up the middle of my shop. Kinda like avoiding the candy aisle at the store when you are on a diet. 

BTW, I *think* I finally got the jointer straightened out. We determined it was the inability to get the motor pushed down enough to make the belt as good as it was in the factory, so we bolted these brackets onto the frame and used big bolts with double nuts to slowly crank the motor down and tighten the belt to 1/4" flex. And now the motor cannot move at all and I believe that has fixed the very slight wobble that was eventually causing it to go awry. We'll see!

14 hours ago, shaneymack said:

She is cute !! She is a bullmastiff. I was thinking english mastiff. I like any kind of mastiff except of course the nasty neopolitan mastiff.

Really? You think she looks like a bull? Supposedly she's 100% english mastiff. I tend to refer to my wife cause I'm far from a dog expert. :) 

This is the two of us last year.. her face is so grey now!

10669118_10153106809240590_3294297789648066639_o.thumb.jpg.3eafa4ffc902f1b4cf041e19fce20344.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cliff said:

BTW, I *think* I finally got the jointer straightened out. We determined it was the inability to get the motor pushed down enough to make the belt as good as it was in the factory, so we bolted these brackets onto the frame and used big bolts with double nuts to slowly crank the motor down and tighten the belt to 1/4" flex. And now the motor cannot move at all and I believe that has fixed the very slight wobble that was eventually causing it to go awry. We'll see!

Excellent!

Really? You think she looks like a bull? Supposedly she's 100% english mastiff. I tend to refer to my wife cause I'm far from a dog expert.  

This is the two of us last year.. her face is so grey now!

10669118_10153106809240590_3294297789648066639_o.thumb.jpg.3eafa4ffc902f1b4cf041e19fce20344.jpg

My bad. I thought she was a bull mastiff. You would definitely know your own dog more than me lol

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about that Shane, I had to put my sidekick (GS and Hound mix) of 13 years down a couple years ago, and I'm still hurting, haven't been in a spot to get another.  :(

Glad to see you got a good family pup there, a happy dog is a good dog.

Speaking of which, @Cliff, that may be the saddest looking dog I've ever seen, but still a good dog nacht?

• Like 2

On 5/6/2017 at 2:17 PM, Marmotjr said:

Sorry to hear about that Shane, I had to put my sidekick (GS and Hound mix) of 13 years down a couple years ago, and I'm still hurting, haven't been in a spot to get another.  :(

Glad to see you got a good family pup there, a happy dog is a good dog.

Speaking of which, @Cliff, that may be the saddest looking dog I've ever seen, but still a good dog nacht?

Sadness is her speciality. Sadness, snuggling and bacon. This is her existence. She's great. We got her as a 6 month old. In fact that first pic was when we were cooking bacon. The drool was legendary.

• Like 2