Lost a friend this week :-(

shaneymack

Some of you guys might remember our dog, Dolcé, festool defender? Well, at only 3 years old she passed away on Tuesday.

My wife called me Tuesday at work and said our dog was lying on her side in the grass and was weak and not really responsive. She said she needs to get to the vet asap. My wife and neighbour put all 125 lbs of her in the back of my neighbours car and he drove her to the vet where I met him with the dog. My wife was at home with the three younger kids so she didn't want to bring the kids to the vet and have them see their dog in this state.

My vet examined her and said her heart is in fibrallation and I needed to get her to the emergencey vet asap. We put her back in the car and drove her there. Within minutes of getting to the second vet there were 7 peolple working on her. The vet came in the waiting room and told me they were giving her lidocaine to try and get her heart stabilized. After the second shot of lidocaine she went into cardiac arrest. They shocked her with the paddles and she came back for a moment crying in fear and pain. Then she flat lined. 5 people then took turns pumping on her chest to try and get the ticker started again while my neighbour and I watched balling our eyes out. 20 mins of that didn't work.

To say we are shocked is an understatement. This dog was 125 lbs of young, energetic muscle. They have no idea why this happened. I emailed the breeder and they said they never heard of this. What a bummer to say the least. So sad.

We are getting a new dog on Tuesday, so we are looking forward to that. This house is just too weird without a dog. 9820b531e7d6562295c0cb141bd6d1f6.jpg8ff1c1832523696f9e726b74ea14fe3f.jpg8c0a00e72981059e241e06b8316d17e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk