table saw blade storage options

rodger.

50 minutes ago, BArnold said:

When I added some storage drawers last year, I built a drawer specifically for table saw and miter saw blades.  Here's what I did:

Looks like a good idea - I don't think I have the drawer height for that idea - ill check.

Do the blades just rest on the dowel, or do you have magnets inlaid to your panel?

The outside dimensions of my drawer are 15.5" high by 14" wide.  The blade boards slide into rabbets angled at 10°.  I cut a notch in the dowel to retain the blade - no magnets.

The drawer height could be an inch or so shorter, depending on the size of your blades.  I made mine to accommodate 12" miter saw blades.

I use the Woodpeckers Blade Saver - http://www.elitetools.ca/en/product/blade-saver-designed-to-fit-10-saw-blades-woodpeckers-bladesav-10/  

Link is from a Canadian supplier and in $CAD - there are other options...

I hang them from a plywood panel I mounted onto the the side legs of the table exentsion of my table saw

They also make a 12" version (same item with 2 additional links ?) if needed.

I saw this in a tips article I don't know how long ago.  I cobbled together a 'version 1' out of some pine scraps.  It has followed me all these years.  It currently fits out of the way to the right of the tablesaw between cyclone and wall.  This is the same spot but all the cutters have changed since this pic.

590690d90e6ea_bladerack-100309(1).thumb.jpg.c2e18cc58fe8aa3e250a2d87a5392179.jpg

I used to put my dado stack in it along with 3 blades.  I now have 6 blades that I use regularly occupying the top slots so the lower slots now hold my thrashers.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

I saw this in a tips article I don't know how long ago.  I cobbled together a 'version 1' out of some pine scraps.  It has followed me all these years.  It currently fits out of the way to the right of the tablesaw between cyclone and wall.  This is the same spot but all the cutters have changed since this pic.

I used to put my dado stack in it along with 3 blades.  I now have 6 blades that I use regularly occupying the top slots so the lower slots now hold my thrashers.

Do the blades sit snug?

10 hours ago, Pug said:

Do the blades sit snug?

No, the slots are about 1/4".  Just 'sister' the boards, drill a series of 1/4" holes and then saw to them at the bandsaw with a miter gauge.  I made my slots about 2-1/2" deep at about 40 degrees.  The boards are about 6" apart.  Changing those parameters changes the depth from the wall required to use the fixture.  Gravity keeps things put and I have never come close to dropping a blade.

• Like 1

Last December I got a wild hair and decided to reorganize my shop.  Part of the process was to get rid of things I haven't used in years.  I had a cabinet that stored my saw blade collection.  I narrowed that down to the blades I use the most and got rid of the rest.  Built some drawers in my outfeed table, used some foam that @TIODS gave me and this is what I ended up with.  I really should have gotten rid of the WW11, I rarely use it, but I just couldn't do it.

DSC_0525.JPG.674eeada3159254b735f5f45021d64a8.JPGDSC_0526.JPG.6d8af2659887712f9fdc96f8b2d56fe5.JPGDSC_0527.JPG.3c956069b90a0f595284574b10e9397b.JPGDSC_0528.JPG.9259de414c8046deea7035469b72687f.JPG

• Like 2

I keep mine on the threaded stud on the side of my saw.... It's intended for only one spare blade, but I put nylon washers between the blades so the teeth don't hit, and I've got up to three blades on there at any one time. There's a knob that goes on top to secure the stack of them. Maybe not useful as a general solution, but putting the thicker nylon washer between the blades to seperate them works pretty well.

Edit: And then of course, @Tom King posts a link to the generalized version of my solution ;). Looks simple and probably more convenient.