Miter Sled

..Kev

Cool video and another idea to steal.  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

Another great video.  In the spirit of full disclosure, the infeed support was something I saw somewhere along the way, not my own invention.  If I could recall the source I would give credit.

Well no matter where it came from, I liked your infeed supports so much I made 2.  1 short and 1 long, for me they are among the most useful table saw jigs I have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

Nice miters !  Getting the lengths the same is a big part of mitered frame success.

Did you just glue the corners or is there a Domino or some other additional reinforcement ?

No reinforcement in those.  I certainly could have used the domino.

• 1 year later...

Kev, this is going way back but I thought it was due acknowledgment. One of my employees is an amateur photographer and I hope he stays that way for my sake. He asked me to build a simple frame for a 36” x 24” photo/print with the outside dimensions being 44.5” x 32.5”. Using this sled and my Domino, the joints came out perfect. As the pieces are that long, I had no stop block but used the kerf cut in the sled as my mark. I’ve only dry fitted it so far, waiting on him to choose an outside edge profile, so no pics. Thanks bud! 

5 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Kev, this is going way back but I thought it was due acknowledgment. One of my employees is an amateur photographer and I hope he stays that way for my sake. He asked me to build a simple frame for a 36” x 24” photo/print with the outside dimensions being 44.5” x 32.5”. Using this sled and my Domino, the joints came out perfect. As the pieces are that long, I had no stop block but used the kerf cut in the sled as my mark. I’ve only dry fitted it so far, waiting on him to choose an outside edge profile, so no pics. Thanks bud! 

That's awesome Coop and really makes my day to see the sled working out for others!  This sled is still in use in my shop to this day and gets used often on all sorts of projects!