Finished Router Table

Cygnus A

Very nicely done, a real looker.  My dust port is in a similar location to yours. If you find you need more return air, I vent my chamber at the top portion of the door allowing the air flow to move across the router carrying the spoil away pretty effectively.  Is the one bottom drawer an overlay? 

9 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Looks good man.  What's the story behind the one overlaid drawer while the rest of them are inset?  That would keep me awake at night. :D

Great job, I like the color, however I have the same question as Eric, don't think it would keep me up at night, but is a head scratcher.

1 hour ago, Tom King said:

I thought that he didn't close it all the way, since he hadn't installed the pull yet, and didn't want to risk spoiling the paint job by prying it open.

Exactly. The drawer just isnt closed all the way until the new pull arrives. 

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

Looks good man.  What's the story behind the one overlaid drawer while the rest of them are inset?  That would keep me awake at night. :D

Not overlayed. Just not closed.

• Like 1

I have almost exactly the same setup.  You might find yourself wanting to hinge that door, or at least finding a way to keep it partially open.  I find that with the door (doors on mine) completely closed, there isn't enough CFM to efficiently pull the waste from above the table (chips yes, dust no)...(more importantly the motor tends to heat up pretty fast), but completely open there's almost no collection at all.  I usually keep one of my doors partially propped open and that provides the correct amount of negative pressure to both pull the chips and clear the box and it keeps the motor cool.  I also built a "ramp" in mine, similar to a table saw, to help herd the waste toward the port.  I think you'll find you get buildup in the corners without it.  That may or may not matter to you.

1sEO2TG.jpg

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

I have almost exactly the same setup.  You might find yourself wanting to hinge that door, or at least finding a way to keep it partially open.  I find that with the door (doors on mine) completely closed, there isn't enough CFM to efficiently pull the waste from above the table (chips yes, dust no)...(more importantly the motor tends to heat up pretty fast), but completely open there's almost no collection at all.  I usually keep one of my doors partially propped open and that provides the correct amount of negative pressure to both pull the chips and clear the box and it keeps the motor cool.  I also built a "ramp" in mine, similar to a table saw, to help herd the waste toward the port.  I think you'll find you get buildup in the corners without it.  That may or may not matter to you.

1sEO2TG.jpg

Thanks for the tips.

I drilled a few holes across the bottom of my door so that air flows across the floor & clears chips. I use my dust collector with a tee & hoses to the fence and the case. The higher air flow clears chips better and the motor doesn't overheat. 

Very nice router table. With that finish it looks better than most manufactured ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I love that router table! Super nice job. The gold hardware is a very nice touch.  

Agree with Eric on some air flow needed to the router compartment. Perhaps a louvered vent on the door? I cut a 4 inch dia. hole in the router box under my TS extension.  I only use the router for dados, patterning and a few quick tasks. Shaper does all the big stuff.