Anyone else pissed off over Las Vegas?

RichardA

It's pretty stupid, I think.  Mass murder is a problem. someone needs to fix it. I don't care which solution we try, anything is better than nothing. I'd even take  mandated body armor at this point. 

Edited by Chet
I edited this some. Like Kev said we need to keep the politics out.

1 hour ago, Woodenskye said:

Just completely senseless, that people choose this instead of trying to get help they obviously need.

I most certainly is senseless.  I am not trying to defend anyone who carries out something like this but sometimes the offending people aren't even aware that something isn't right in their head.  

28 minutes ago, Mike. said:

no comment. Without a real discussion of the problem everything else is pointless lip service.

I would mention the fact that it will take my son 18 months to get a drivers license but I guess that is political too.  

This is a woodworking forum.  Marc's rules clearly state no politics.  This includes this section of the forums.  There are plenty of sites out there to discuss your views on these subjects.

22 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

honestly can not imagine any human action that would have prevented something like this.

May very well be the truth. But doing nothing every time doesn't prevent it either. That's the part that annoys me. And I got like.. zero answers. I don't know how this is even a partisan issue either. I just would like to not get randomly shot up for no reason. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Cliff said:

May very well be the truth. But doing nothing every time doesn't prevent it either. That's the part that annoys me. And I got like.. zero answers. I don't know how this is even a partisan issue either. I just would like to not get randomly shot up for no reason. 

Uh,  What reason would you prefer to get randomly shot up for.  Cliff, you can go to the grocery store, and get shot or blown up, or any other place, including a police station.  There's no protection from random violence . Ever !  You just need to be as aware as you can be in every situation nowadays. We as a people, have to change the way we think, and learn to think defensively in every thing we do.  Freedom is under attack, and we're the freeist.  And That's not a political statement, it just the truth of the new normal.   As much as I'd like it, the 1950's will never be here again. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Uh,  What reason would you prefer to get randomly shot up for.  Cliff, you can go to the grocery store, and get shot or blown up, or any other place, including a police station.  There's no protection from random violence . Ever !  You just need to be as aware as you can be in every situation nowadays. We as a people, have to change the way we think, and learn to think defensively in every thing we do.  Freedom is under attack, and we're the freeist.  And That's not a political statement, it just the truth of the new normal.   As much as I'd like it, the 1950's will never be here again. 

So, we should just be like "aight, lets, as a culture, not bother to fix anything because violence happens?" Man I don't even know what think defensively means. Wearing a robocop suit? Driving a tank to work? Not leaving the house? My level of awareness is rarely going to be the reason I get shot by someone. It certainly can contribute to it. I understand you do what you can as a citizen.. we used to run active shooter drills when I worked for the Army. But that's not really a solution. 

Not trying to argue with you, I'm sure you are coming from the same place I am. But I'd like to see my country, which I'm told again and again is the best place on earth, try to figure out why we lead the universe in this horrid category. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cliff said:

So, we should just be like "aight, lets, as a culture, not bother to fix anything because violence happens?" Man I don't even know what think defensively means. Wearing a robocop suit? Driving a tank to work? Not leaving the house? My level of awareness is rarely going to be the reason I get shot by someone. It certainly can contribute to it. I understand you do what you can as a citizen.. we used to run active shooter drills when I worked for the Army. But that's not really a solution. 

Not trying to argue with you, I'm sure you are coming from the same place I am. But I'd like to see my country, which I'm told again and again is the best place on earth, try to figure out why we lead the universe in this horrid category. 

Cliff.  The best I can say is pay attention to your suroundings, try and see what is possible, and be careful.  Don't sit with your back to the door.  There's no way to stop people from doing what they want to do. If you try to go that route and stop them before they plan something. You're no longer a free nation. If that's what you need to feel safe, there are places you can live that will give you that sort of comfort. But even they have problems.  

• Like 2

• ..Kev locked this topic