Friggin Finger

Coop

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

So @RichardA how are you gettin' on with healing? 

Well Mark, it's like this. The finger for awhile was doing good, then it began to swell and get painful. It seems that there is an infection down deep. My Dr. determined that this was the possibility of a condition called Osteomeylitis, which is an infection that eats at the bone and its marrow. There is a way to terminate this infection, but it's a PITA.  It's an injectable antibiotic that you take twice a day for six weeks. And if the infection returns, the finger gets removed, in order to keep the infection from spreading into other parts, like the hand . However, my Dr. found an oral antibiotic that does the same thing without having to go through the injection process. It's a strong antibiotic that I take at 12 hour intervals, every day for the same six weeks.  So far there's no sign of infection, but I'm still undergoing the treatment.  I probably won't have a complete answer til sometime in the coming year.  At the moment I'm using it right here as I type, so it's not completely useless.......yet.   I appreciate you asking, I hope you have a great Christmas.  Thanks again.........Rick

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Rick, I just pray you don't have side effects worse that a fubared finger. Strong antibiotics can wreak havoc on your digestive system! :o

They are playing hell on bowel movements that"s for sure.

5 hours ago, mat60 said:

I hope you get better and can still have a cold beer.

I still have a good right hand, beer is easy. . Thanks.

• Like 1

For the BM problems, take acidophilus tablets found at any pharmacy.  These replace the good bacteria in your digestive system.  I took a strong antibiotic with the accompanying effects.  Found this to work.

She left the pencil sized opening so any bacteria had a way to escape.

When you see them escape, clobber them with a fly swatter before they get away!

9 hours ago, Bankstick said:

For the BM problems, take acidophilus tablets found at any pharmacy.  These replace the good bacteria in your digestive system.  I took a strong antibiotic with the accompanying effects.  Found this to work.

When you see them escape, clobber them with a fly swatter before they get away!

I'd do better stabbing them with an ice pick, or a scratch awl.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...