Friggin Finger

Coop

• 2 weeks later...

Unexpected complications have befallen the friggin finger.  Infections are working on the surgery and on the bone , where it was badly cut.  There are two ways of thinking to sort this out. #1 massive infusions of antibiotic given IV daily for six weeks.  #2  Amputate.   Personally , I prefer #1, but my insurance companies may balk at the expense. We'll see how it goes.  Thanks for asking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, RichardA said:

Unexpected complications have befallen the friggin finger.  Infections are working on the surgery and on the bone , where it was badly cut.  There are two ways of thinking to sort this out. #1 massive infusions of antibiotic given IV daily for six weeks.  #2  Amputate.   Personally , I prefer #1, but my insurance companies may balk at the expense. We'll see how it goes.  Thanks for asking.

I hit the wrong button, and can't figure out how to change it.   I didn't mean to "like" the trouble you're having.   I sincerely hope you can beat the infection!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom King said:

I hit the wrong button, and can't figure out how to change it.   I didn't mean to "like" the trouble you're having.   I sincerely hope you can beat the infection!

No problem Tom...It's just "one"finger.  More than that would really piss me off.  I saw my Doc this morning, and he likes what he see's at the moment, But as we all know Doo Doo hapens.  As it stands, I'm good for the next couple of weeks.   Thank's guys.

• Like 1

Prayers and well-wishes continue, Rick!

Funny finger story - my paternal grandfather, once a professional photographer, liked to tinker with wood and metal in his later years. Bought his first (only?) tablesaw when he was nearly 70, and promptly lopped off his left index finger. Was his first reaction to ice it down, and rush to the ER? Nope. First thing he did was grab his camera and snap a few pics to share with family & friends.

There be true redneck blood in my veins!

PS - if things happen to not go so well for you, it is perfectly ok to keep any photos to yourself....:D

• 5 weeks later...