The Nut House V2


Chestnut
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thanks guys.

10 hours ago, Chet said:

Not heavy like your jointer but still a pretty heavy piece to get of the floor, what say you?  I know I don't want to pick mine up again.

Ya know with out all the tables on it and not attached to the stand the 16-32 only weights a tad bit more than the DW735. It just doensn't have handles so it's a lot a bit more awkward. I think shipping weight on it is 156 lbs stand is probably 30 of that. But yes i stared at it for about 15 min deciding how i wanted to do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I can't adjust any of the bolts either holding the arms or the extension table up any more to bring this in line. Am i missing something?

6518689718455868112.thumb.jpg.c55d1bf4bf1ce5efcd6f5f2d3d6196b9.jpg

Edit: I figured it out there is a set screw missing. Off to the hardware store :( .

Edited by Chestnut
Figured it out
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Just curious, Drew, what made you go with the 16-32 over the 19-38 ? 

I didn't have to wait till mid march to finish my Morris Chairs.

In the event that i need a bigger sander i already know of of few people i might be able to bribe to use their machines. I also got names of businesses with wide belts that will sand for a fee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I didn't have to wait till mid march to finish my Morris Chairs.

In the event that i need a bigger sander i already know of of few people i might be able to bribe to use their machines. I also got names of businesses with wide belts that will sand for a fee.

oh ok. I was just wondering if there was some feature or something you preferred on the 16-32. I know nothing about the 16-32.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

oh ok. I was just wondering if there was some feature or something you preferred on the 16-32. I know nothing about the 16-32.

It's aluminum frame instead of cast so it's a bit lighter weight (like 200 lbs) The belt motor is on the opposite side so feed is a bit smoother and better. It pulls the top of the belt in tension instead of the bottom. Also it comes with a DRO, something i think will be useful. The best part about the DRO is it gives decimal inches and fractions side by side so working with a ruler and a caliper is going to be nice. So the small features put it about even with the 19-38 with the price difference making up the size difference. The availability was the straw that broke the camels back. The $200 off was icing on the cake.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking like a nice setup.  More and more squared away.  One is in the corner between you jointer and router table (at least I think it is your router table because it seems to have DC going to it)  the other is in the corner by the water heater to the left of the green step ladder.

I see you got your first Lamination in clamps.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The knowledge and attention to detail of our members amazes me.  Lots of times I notice something but don't mention it. Other times someone notices details that completely evaded me. My only explanation is how many of you keep up with new machines when you are happy with the one you have ? " Nut's " shop is definitely coming together well.  Has anyone spotted the speakers ? I haven't.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Great space Drew! What's your thoughts on the sound proofing insulation, does it hep?

It helped but i need to seriously think about framing out the duct work. I can only do so much when there is still a big metal tube that carries sound everywhere in the house.

 

3 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Shop is awesome, Drew. You have some great tools ! How big is it? Looks huge. 

Exact measurements are kinda tricky but sketchup put it in the 750 sq ft range. For an exact answer a whole heck of a lot bigger than my last shop.

2 hours ago, wdwerker said:

The knowledge and attention to detail of our members amazes me.  Lots of times I notice something but don't mention it. Other times someone notices details that completely evaded me. My only explanation is how many of you keep up with new machines when you are happy with the one you have ? " Nut's " shop is definitely coming together well.  Has anyone spotted the speakers ? I haven't.

They are kinda tucked in and having them on opposite sides of the room sets up some awesome sound staging. It's like wearing headphones everywhere except better.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share