The Nut House V2

Chestnut

7 hours ago, woodbutcher said:

Number 4? I really want one of those too. Cant decide if i want to throw the extra $50 for the bronze or not.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just like the rust free part of the bronze. It also looks fancy. I forgot to mention it and some might not have caught it but i bought it with the 50 degree frog as well. I have a #4 with the standard Stanley frog so i figured i'd do something different.

More new toys!

0323181750_HDR-01.thumb.jpeg.eecbc3db40926727401745ffe3c10816.jpeg

Always loved my TS75 but i always wanted a small cordless saw for breakind down sheet goods in the garage to make it easier to move in the basement. I saw this guy pop up on Festool Recon so i bought it. I realized after i got the order confirmation that it didn't come with batteries. The screaming deal of 350 was not the screaming deal i thought it was. After 2 batteries and a charger it was shy of 600 which isn't much more than the TS55 that poped on recon today. So still a screaming good deal i guess. Cordless > corded for a small saw IMO.

• Like 2

Dang Drew your wallet has taken a hit in the last week a bronze #4 and now this LOL. You'll have to let me know how you like the saw (I know you'll love the plane) I have long thought of selling my corded TS55 for the cordless version because I usually use my track saw out on the driveway to cut sheet goods on a piece of 2" thick foam board

1 minute ago, pkinneb said:

Dang Drew your wallet has taken a hit in the last week a bronze #4 and now this LOL. You'll have to let me know how you like the saw (I know you'll love the plane) I have long thought of selling my corded TS55 for the cordless version because I usually use my track saw out on the driveway to cut sheet goods on a piece of 2" thick foam board

Uncle Sam gave me a really nice birthday gift this year. (My birthday is apr 15th) so I'm using it wisely. I probably wouldn't have bought the saw if it wasn't for my mistake. Recon doesn't cancel orders or take returns, i tired.

7 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Uncle Sam gave me a really nice birthday gift this year. (My birthday is apr 15th) so I'm using it wisely. I probably wouldn't have bought the saw if it wasn't for my mistake. Recon doesn't cancel orders or take returns, i tired.

So you got the $820 kit for $600? If yes, that's still a good deal. Can you even tell its refurbished? looks new in the pic

I can't remember is the $840 kit include batteries and a  charger but not the track. I didn't get a track with the saw. I don't need another track.

I bought it to use while i make the shed. I figured it'd be useful to have a nice portable saw to cut the ply on that project.

I can't tell that it's a refirb. I could with the sander that i bought but there isn't a spec of dust no marks on the saw basically looks brand new. If you are interested in buying you can give it a try and see what ya think sometime.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

I can have the helper run a lot of extension cords for $600, he's already there anyways. Plus the cord is strapped to the dust hose.

Yeah just getting insurance set up and paying taxes for a helper would cost me way more than the saw. Not to mention training them and fixing their mistakes...

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 4:10 PM, Chestnut said:

Nut, nice plane and saw.  I’m pissed at Uncle Sam right now, got a nice letter on Friday concerning my 2016 tax return, according to them I owe them another $17K!  That includes $600 in interest and $2700 in penalties, damn!  They are wrong but now I have prove it!

8 hours ago, Cheeset202 said:

Nut, nice plane and saw.  I’m pissed at Uncle Sam right now, got a nice letter on Friday concerning my 2016 tax return, according to them I owe them another $17K!  That includes $600 in interest and $2700 in penalties, damn!  They are wrong but now I have prove it!

I had that happen to me once not quite that much. The worst part it was my dad's fault because he had investments in my name but didn't bother to tell me that i'd need to include their sale on my tax return.

8 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

Wait, aren't you married? Doesn't I do, mean I will... 

Not married, also if i asked for stuff like that i'd just get a glare.

• 6 months later...

This is the least organized end of my long, narrow shop but this is an idea for a extension table for your Laguna that will be quick, free, and solid. Held in place by C clamps, with an angle on the bottom and a hinge for fold-away storage if I ever take it off. Also, there's a plan in the latest FW mag for one but I hate drilling into my machinery if I don't have to. 

The fence is for resawing; ignore that part :)

B77A797E-275A-49FD-B29A-55DD640E45BC.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Wow, just caught up on this thread and am amazed at the transition you've made from the beginning till now. I envy most of the tools there lol but is that bandsaw a 1412 or the 220V version with the brake? 

I have the 14BX with the 2.5hp motor. I can't really sugest it over the 1412 other than the power is nice from time to time. For the price i see the 14SUV pop up and if your going to spend $1,400 might as well make it $1,500 and get some worthwhile upgrades. The 14BX is the 1412 with the full enclosed bottom base and the brake, no other differences. Honestly i looked at the new 14" jet when i was in rockler last and that saw is NICE. The main thing i don't like is the fence. Some day when i win the lottery i'll put the driftmaster fence on it.

I also will do more shop upgrades when i get done with the major projects that need to be done. I have a lot of furniture for the house i need to get completed before i start throwing money at shop projects. I have a lot that i've been kicking around in my head Number one is moving my big wood storage rack to the shed or downsizing it. I don't need the massive thing but it's worked so far and isn't significantly in the way.

6 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I have the 14BX with the 2.5hp motor. I can't really sugest it over the 1412 other than the power is nice from time to time. For the price i see the 14SUV pop up and if your going to spend $1,400 might as well make it $1,500 and get some worthwhile upgrades. The 14BX is the 1412 with the full enclosed bottom base and the brake, no other differences. Honestly i looked at the new 14" jet when i was in rockler last and that saw is NICE. The main thing i don't like is the fence. Some day when i win the lottery i'll put the driftmaster fence on it.

I also will do more shop upgrades when i get done with the major projects that need to be done. I have a lot of furniture for the house i need to get completed before i start throwing money at shop projects. I have a lot that i've been kicking around in my head Number one is moving my big wood storage rack to the shed or downsizing it. I don't need the massive thing but it's worked so far and isn't significantly in the way.

The BX is a nice saw but I gave up the whole 220V the thing so the 1412 was the thing for me. I love the ceramic guides and I've resawed some pretty thick, green logs with it and had no problems. It's the most expensive tool in my shop and I think I got my money's worth (bought it in sale in June). Now I just need a lathe and a drum sander and and and.... :) 

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, gee-dub said:

Don’t laugh, I keep a 2 x 4 in the rack and slowly but surely  eat it up doing all sorts of odds and ends tasks. When it gets short I just pick up another one next time I’m at the BORG :)

That's why it's there. Except it's just left over from building the shed last year at this point. I usually buy a couple when ever i need to transport thin easily broken material like sheet rock of 1/4" ply or pink board. Put the studs underneath and you don't have to worry as much.