English man in southern Bohemia CZECH REPUBLIC

Midlife

3 hours ago, drzaius said:

Around here, the geese seem to hate runners. Many a time I've been chased by a hissing goose.

This is easy to fix Frank... don't run.

But having said that, my wife and I had some go after us while we were on our bikes.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Some one that knows the proper species name! :D No one gets the joke when you tell them the geese aren't Canadian nationality they are just named after Canada.

For fun, I like to call them Canadian Geese in the presence of other pedants (like you or me). I know one woman who just gets bent right out of shape with that one.

Just now, drzaius said:

For fun, I like to call them Canadian Geese in the presence of other pedants (like you or me). I know one woman who just gets bent right out of shape with that one.

EVERYONE calls them Canadian geese down here. I get some really funny looks when i correct people. It is really entertaining.

Canadian bacon is ham, I was born and raised in Canada, never heard of Canadian Bacon until I moved to the US!  If you go to Canada and order bacon you will get good old fat streaked bacon!  Not sure what you would get if you ordered Canadian bacon.

Midlife, welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thatCharlieDude said:

I have heard from a Canadian friend that canadian bacon is back bacon, not sure if that's true or if he's just pulling my leg. 

True.  It's from a different cut than american bacon.  It's more like ham.  And it's delicious.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...