English man in southern Bohemia CZECH REPUBLIC

Midlife

Hello everyone ,

we live in the middle of the forest, in a house built in 1642 so it needs a full renovation and as i am a carpenter, no problems right? apart from the money & health things are going slowly but in the right direction,

my workshop is 10 meters X 10 meters , but only half the floor has been concreated (roll on the spring)

Machines...

Dust extractor from FELDER

Felder FB600 Bandsaw

Hammer A3 31 Planer/Thicknesser

+ I have just opened the box`s to a new incra metric set up including table / cleansweep & a few other goodies 

i will take a few pictures  this week but for now happy hollidays & stay safe,

Smiffy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Welcome !  That sounds like the start of a nice shop . So part of your shop floor is dirt ? Old barn / shed type space ? We would love to see some pictures.

I think it's earth under the accumulated years of who knows what farmers crap , 

I've had so much to do on the house so the workshop set up has been pushed back & back unfortunately.

I've taken 6 months off work , as being a class 1truck driver doesn't give me much time at home to rest, let alone do some work on the house. 

Picture's will be up when I get back from Prague in a few day's.

Smiffy 

It's just above freezing now but the wind is strong so it feels more like  -10c,,

plus I'm only just getting over a man cold. 

The temp will be +10c by the weekend... 

It's a Swan goose called pipla, he has 15 brothers and sisters, he  doesn't mix with the other geese much as when he hatched he got stuck to the shell and was on his last leg's, we got him into the house and my wife & kid's nursed him for a few weeks and now he thinks he's human 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Midlife said:

It's a Swan goose called pipla, he has 15 brothers and sisters, he  doesn't mix with the other geese much as when he hatched he got stuck to the shell and was on his last leg's, we got him into the house and my wife & kid's nursed him for a few weeks and now he thinks he's human 

Waterfowl like geese and ducks can make really good pets. They are very social animals, I've always wanted a trio of ducks for pets. Had some when i was younger and they were a riot.

• Like 1