Shop Tour

estesbubba

26 minutes ago, estesbubba said:

Total cost for pipe, wyes, blast gates, etc. was around $600 which my guess is 1/4 the cost of nordfab!

Now that's funny!  $600 wouldn't get you your first drop on Nordfab ;)  I think I was about 7k in Nordfab.  It's great stuff but, damn sure isn't cheap!

18 hours ago, TIODS said:

Now that's funny!  $600 wouldn't get you your first drop on Nordfab ;)  I think I was about 7k in Nordfab.  It's great stuff but, damn sure isn't cheap!

$7k seriously? Wow I knew it was expensive but that’s up there. Having said that since you just moved I’m sure it was worth it. Most of My ductwork is in the finished ceiling so I could move once and replace it but after that I would be over $7k

41 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

$7k seriously? Wow I knew it was expensive but that’s up there. Having said that since you just moved I’m sure it was worth it. Most of My ductwork is in the finished ceiling so I could move once and replace it but after that I would be over $7k

Yep..  And, I gave up a couple drops that I wanted in the last shop to get it that low.  

It did pay for itself when I moved!  I had to order a couple parts and pieces to fit the new shop but, for the most part, the DC was up in a day.  For as many drops as I have, that's pretty good.

• Like 1

Agreed, place looks incredible. Wide angle or not, i am envious! 

Out of personal curiosity, how much does something like this cost from the ground up? My wife and i are in the prelim house search stage, and a lot of the homes in the neighborhoods we like dont have 2 car garages. I want to get out of the basement for the next house. I could justify building a new shop if it converted easily into  2-3 car garage. Im no realtor, but i feel like a 2-3 car garage has to add 20-30k in value pretty easily. If I get my money back, then it is pretty easy to go through the pain and hassle. Are we talking north of 50k for something like this? I could do the interior and electrical, but probably not as involved as you were with your build. 

11 hours ago, estesbubba said:

The building erected was just over $20k and concrete $6k. A few people said that any money I put into the building would add double that to the property value and an appraisal this summer seems to back that up. 

That's some pretty good pricing.  Does that include electrical service or any insulation?

Sadly, around here I think just the permitting process would cost that much! :huh:

8 minutes ago, Jfitz said:

That's some pretty good pricing.  Does that include electrical service or any insulation?

Sadly, around here I think just the permitting process would cost that much! :huh:

No that price only includes the building. I did all the electrical, insulation, OSB, etc. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I keep coming back to admire your layout but, have failed to ever post a comment :unsure:.  Thanks for taking us along on the build and thanks again for closing the loop with a pictorial tour.  The shop is beyond functional and moves right into the enhancement of your home/property category.  Really a great space and looks great inside and out.

• Like 1