estesbubba

Shop Tour

I went from a 9' x 12' shop to a 14' x 24' shop. and I'm ready to move into one like yours, I'd sure as hell lose weight walking to get a drill, then walk to put it back.

• Like 1

Your shop is the same size as mine - even the ceiling heights. You sure seem to have a lot more room than I do. I guess I just have too much stuff - if that's possible!

• Like 1

Plywood carts can quickly get too heavy to move freely.  A wheel arrangement like the carts at the home centers makes the cart much easier to spin and maneuver. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TIODS said:

I could look at your shop all day Mike!  Beautiful set up!

Me too!!!

• Like 1

Your shop is what dreams are made of. Better go and buy a couple lottery tickets. My little shop in the corner of the garage will have to do until they pick my numbers.

• Like 1

Your. Shop. Is. So. CLEAN!

Seriously I could clean my shop all day and never get it looking so nice! 

Fantastic setup! I was just wishing my shop had better insulation and then I see this thread and realize that insulation is only the start.. my next shop will have a porch!! :)

• Like 1

I remember your build thread & enjoying it very much. Your shop is a real example of how to do something very, very well. Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Well that went nowhere.  

I showed the pictures to my wife and told her I want a shop like that (gorgeous by the way).  Separate building, lots of space, height and light.  A porch.  She took one look at the pictures and said:  "That's not real.  Look how clean it is.  That's not a real workshop.  No one works there."  And then turned her back and walked away.  

Oh well.  I guess I can bookmark this page and dream at the pictures.

That doesn't sound like a hard no.  Maybe you should send Mike a couple hundred bucks for beer and to hire some temporary workers to make a mess, have new photos taken then ask wife again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Outstanding shop and layout!  However........if I won the lottery, I wouldn't be seen around town for about 6 months.  Buy a new truck and RV and go!

• Like 2

On 12/29/2017 at 7:59 PM, jussi said:

Awesome shop.  Where did you get the ducting?  Was it significantly cheaper than nordfab?

I got it locally but can’t remember the name of the place. Total cost for pipe, wyes, blast gates, etc. was around $600 which my guess is 1/4 the cost of nordfab!

On 12/29/2017 at 8:16 PM, K Cooper said:

I remember the build but don’t recall ever being invited inside. Beautiful workshop! 

No invitation needed just show up!

• Like 1