Grizzly Jointer Vent/Rant

LazarusDB

20 hours ago, K Cooper said:

I have the same one and agree that it’s a neat machine but, I can make a baby (or could at one time) in 9 months;)

The problem with this analogy Coop is the setup.  Some folks can spend 30 years on one of these and still not get it dialed in.  And customer service?!  Don't even dream. :o

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Grizzly seems to have had supply issues with its jointers for quite some time now. I remember looking at them when initially shopping for one but the models I wanted were almost always out of stock, so I started looking elsewhere. I've only bought one item from Grizzly and was not impressed after I snapped a bolt while mounting it to the wall. Cheap. Why wait when there are others out there that are comparable and in stock, I say. 

On 2/1/2018 at 6:53 AM, wtnhighlander said:

Dang, I need to move back to NC! There never seems to be anything good on CL withing a 6-hr drive.

It was the NH CL I was looking at, like I posted earlier in the thread.

I'm sure that PM will be a good machine for decades to come!  I doubt you will ever be sorry again that the Griz didn't work out.