Sign in to follow this  
Bombarde16

Knobs! Glorious knobs!

46 minutes ago, Bombarde16 said:

I suppose I could depress myself by doing the math and figuring out how much money I saved and then convert that into an hourly wage

LOL

Nice knobs? Sounds wrong saying that but i like the design.

• Like 1

Well if nothing else it kept you busy and off the streets.

When I have to fix artwork that people send me for a particular job, I charge $60.00 an hour and based on that rate it would have been $7.50 a knob. ;)

Very nice. Although if you have time to be making knobs, you have time to keep your work bench moving along... ;)

• Haha 1

I was moving things around my shop yesterday, I had my Longworth chuck in my hand that's when I realized why you were  making those knobs. Hope to see more of your build, it was fun when I built mine.

post-2926-0-98156900-1414961003_thumb.jpgpost-2926-0-83104500-1414960989_thumb.jpg

After I completed my Longworth chuck the action wasn't very smooth so I sanded plywood to 320 even slots, paste waxed every nook and cranny slots and all put 3 nylon washers on each bumper assembly between knobs and disk, between disks, between bumper and disk and between disks on center bolt once I did that that the action was smooth as glass.

4 hours ago, higtron said:

After I completed my Longworth chuck the action wasn't very smooth so I sanded plywood to 320 even slots, paste waxed every nook and cranny slots and all put 3 nylon washers on each bumper assembly between knobs and disk, between disks, between bumper and disk and between disks on center bolt once I did that that the action was smooth as glass.

I'm going to have to try this mines not to smooth at the moment.

The phrase " nice knob " would be a whole nuther thing "across the pond " !

23 hours ago, pkinneb said:

:o 

Picked them all up at auction for cheap when a cabinet maker downsized their shop. Not pictured are 4 more 1000 count boxes of each size.

32 minutes ago, Catco said:

Picked them all up at auction for cheap when a cabinet maker downsized their shop. Not pictured are 4 more 1000 count boxes of each size.

Nice!