Closet Built In

..Kev

Well, it seemed that everything that didn't have a home when we moved got stuffed in our master closet which didn't have any real storage options as it was.  So, next up, it's time to remedy that situation!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Another great video Kev.  Don't you have the "holy track"?  I used mine for the 1st time a couple of months back and really like the Festool system.  Made drilling the holes for the shelves easy.  

I do and will mention it in the next video..  Not sure where the bushing went but, I'll be darned if I could find it when I needed it..

2 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Kev at about 2:55 into the video what are the clamps doing?

Mel is correct. I just used them to hold the 2 sides together which allowed me to cut both sides at the same time and make them the same length. 

1 hour ago, Chet said:

Maybe check the master bedroom closet. :P

Good video as always.

Hmmm.  Might be a good idea!

• Like 1

Lucky me as I got a twofer today. I’m just seeing this project and missed this first one. Kev, unless I missed it, is the ply and banding cherry as well? Also, on the center piece, does your fence on your ts  extend out far enough to do the dados near the center or did you have to use your router to cut them? Looking good man! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Lucky me as I got a twofer today. I’m just seeing this project and missed this first one. Kev, unless I missed it, is the ply and banding cherry as well? Also, on the center piece, does your fence on your ts  extend out far enough to do the dados near the center or did you have to use your router to cut them? Looking good man! 

Thanks Coop!

Yes, to both questions..  All cherry and the TS did reach to get all the dados.  Drawer parts are just BB for this one tho.

Another great video! 

I find grain/color matching one of the more challenging things when planning a large project. Especially if the hardwood that is trying to be matched is not from the same board. 

The hardwood dealer I buy from sells rough lumber which adds another level to picking boards. 

Something I am constantly struggling with.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alan G said:

Another great video! 

I find grain/color matching one of the more challenging things when planning a large project. Especially if the hardwood that is trying to be matched is not from the same board. 

The hardwood dealer I buy from sells rough lumber which adds another level to picking boards. 

Something I am constantly struggling with.

Very true..  Those issues become worse when the answer you know is correct involves another trip to the lumber yard and a bunch more money flying out of your pocket on a project that lives in a closet and is already well over budget ;)

• Like 1

Great job Kev, noticed the pellet stove running in the beginning, must be cool mornings in Montana!  On a unrelated note, what casters did you use on your Roubo Bench, just finished mine up and I think I want to be able to move it in the winter so I can get my car in the shop.