Hello from Middle GA

Kenny Huber

Hello everyone!  I just recently retired from the Air Force and moved back to my wife’s home town, Perry GA. I work as an aircraft mechanic on Robins AFB now; but wood working is a hobby of mine. I enjoy all aspects of woodworking, but mainly build furniture that is needed in my home. I also like to turn small projects on my mini lathe and build wooden ship models.

• Like 1

Welcome Kenny !  I'm in Atlanta just up I-75 from you.  They have been building C-130's just up the road from me most of my life. What sort of aircraft are you working on ? There is a wide range of experience on this forum when you run into questions.  Please post pictures of any furniture your proud of. We'd  love to see what sort of work your doing.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!  At this moment my projects are on hold since we just moved into our new home. I have been working on a bookcase that is 72” tall, 50” wide and 12” deep ( my wife has a lot of books). I used poplar for it and plan to stain a dark mahogany color. It will have one fixed shelf and four floating shelves.  I’ll post a picture of it once I get internet hooked up in the new house. 

On 8/9/2018 at 12:25 PM, Spanky said:

Welcome, to the WTO. I live just outside of McMinnville,Tn. I sawmill and kiln dry furniture grade lumber. They are a few on here from Ga.

I’m currently looking for a mill that I can purchase lumber at. Might just have to make a trip up north of the price per board foot is right. 

• 5 months later...