Sign in to follow this  
Mark J

New Festool Seperator for DC units.

Festool has a new seperator for its DC units.  It mounts on top of the vac like the Oneida unit.  $375.  They go on sale in Oct.  I can't speak to the performance as compared to the Oneida, but it seemed to work well enough at the show.  Not the best photos, but the dispay was crowded.

20180823_150312_HDR1.thumb.jpg.02010066c0632babc1952775a84af7e8.jpg20180823_1503261.thumb.jpg.0ee8bb4b14a1a5d2570d5a503a4654fe.jpg20180823_1503391.thumb.jpg.bcb5107d8c51cdd30f5a2a0364ee3166.jpg

Being FT, I'm sure it works great!  Downside for me would be the overall height being well above all my horizontal surfaces.  I'm sure the price wouldn't be exciting either ;)

It's $375.  I don't know what the Oneida unit costs, but I'll probably look into them both.  Turning produces a lot of chips. 

There is a standard height workbench behind the contraption to give you an idea of the height.  It can be used without the clear plastic bucket, which makes it shorter, but the bottom grey systainer half doesn't hold that much.

4 hours ago, Mark J said:

It's $375.  I don't know what the Oneida unit costs, but I'll probably look into them both.  Turning produces a lot of chips. 

There is a standard height workbench behind the contraption to give you an idea of the height.  It can be used without the clear plastic bucket, which makes it shorter, but the bottom grey systainer half doesn't hold that much.

Its about $300 and is taller than this one. I have had mine for a couple years and have yet to change a bag.

I like this one far better than the Oneida. Despite the height this one allows me to set something on top of the separator. The CT vac doesn't need the nth degree separation that a true cyclone offers because the bags and filters cover that more than efficiently enough. My vac really only see dust so i can take the 1 time use bags and empty them a few times before i throw them away. At 1 bag a year it'd take a LONG time to amount to $375.