Diving into the Festool rabbit hole.

Tobykanobe

There are rubberized adapters from various sources. I used a shopvac brand one with good results. There are also others available. I can't recall off the top of my head what they are called but they are available from rockler or woodcraft.

It's also worth noting that the bosch vac hoses use a 27mm end that works on festool equipment.

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

There are rubberized adapters from various sources. I used a shopvac brand one with good results. There are also others available. I can't recall off the top of my head what they are called but they are available from rockler or woodcraft.

It's also worth noting that the bosch vac hoses use a 27mm end that works on festool equipment.

+1

I found a rubber adapter at Woodcraft that works well with my Ridgid brand vac.

13 hours ago, Chet said:

Rockler has a hose and adapter kit that is designed to work wit a lot of different brands.

Rockler hose kit

I originally avoided this hose due to the weight.  I now have a pole that holds the hose and power cord elevated and have since gotten one of the kits (recently on sale).  It fits my Bosch and Festool.

All of their vacs for all intents and purposes are the same with 2 exceptions. The CT sys is small and really intended to be used as a mobile vac targeted at cleanup and possible spot drywall sanding. The big dogs have a self clean feature that again is targeted at the drywall guys not sure that it would have a lot of uses in a woodworking shop though i'm open to being proved wrong.

So the CT mini CT midi CT26 CT 36 CT48 pretty much all have the same suction and auto on features with variable suction. The main difference is dust bin size and consequently vac size. I have a CT mini and a CT26 and they both work flawlessly the Mini has a 2 gal dust bin while the 26 is like 4 gal. My mini fits in much smaller spaces than the CT26 and is lighter so it's nice to move around. If you are just doing domino and sanding you don't need a large bin, unless you are using the vac to clean up your shop floor ect. My mini lives on my miter saw and it only takes me 3-4 months to fill the back from just the miter saw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the CT26.  When I bought it I already had a Shop Vac.  I can't see filling the expensive Festool bags on bulk pickup so I use the Shop Vac to clean up the pile under the lathe.  I use the CT26 for finesse jobs like the ROS, or for when I want to look cool when vacuuming. 

The CT is a lot easier to carry than the Shop Vac, but the later works on water.

57 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I have the CT26.  When I bought it I already had a Shop Vac.  I can't see filling the expensive Festool bags on bulk pickup so I use the Shop Vac to clean up the pile under the lathe.  I use the CT26 for finesse jobs like the ROS, or for when I want to look cool when vacuuming. 

The CT is a lot easier to carry than the Shop Vac, but the later works on water.

You can use your ct on water as well have to checkthe manual.

I also reuse the bags multiple times. It's a pain but I'll dump ghee sawdust out the port.

I found some O rings that fit between my ETS 150 sander and the Fein vac hose that I already had. Worked great that way for many years. Eventually I knuckled under and got a CT26. I had a bunch of onsite work to do and the HEPA filter plus the much lower noise made the choice easier.  I reuse the bags a few times just to keep costs down. 

• Like 1