Clear Dust Collection Bags

Chet

Does anyone have a good source for clear heavy duty plastic dust collection bags.  I have tried the heavy duty trash bags from the hardware store but I didn't like the black color, I prefer to see into the bag for fill level.

Here in Canada I can buy contractor thickness clear garbage bags, right beside the black ones. I usually just get them at home Depot here. They're probably easier to find here because a lot of our rules require the bags to be clear at the curb.

This is what I normally buy:

20190620_075312.thumb.jpg.277eca6a55eda3636621b92ef83ff2f7.jpg

• Like 1

I put my dust in black to make sure the garbage truck driver can't see what's inside with his little camera. I got charged once for throwing away yard waste but it was actually sawdust. Trouble is I'm not going to compost dust that has finish in it or walnut in it as those materials aren't good for a garden.

Amazon has them https://www.amazon.com/Toughbag-Gallon-Contractor-Trash-Bags/dp/B01LTCOQ4S/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2LZ4BIT0MNP49&keywords=husky+clear+contractor+bags&qid=1561041777&s=gateway&sprefix=husky+clear%2Caps%2C141&sr=8-4

4 hours ago, SawDustB said:

Here in Canada I can buy contractor thickness clear garbage bags, right beside the black ones. I usually just get them at home Depot here. They're probably easier to find here because a lot of our rules require the bags to be clear at the curb.

This is what I normally buy:

20190620_075312.thumb.jpg.277eca6a55eda3636621b92ef83ff2f7.jpg

Those are the exact same bags I use only in black, I get them at Home Depot. I have never noticed the clear but I have never looked either my bin is a metal barrel and has a sensor on it so I don't need to be able to see through the bag.

• 2 weeks later...

I use these from Big Horn, 6 mil (I think) - https://www.amazon.com/Big-Horn-11781-Disposable-Plastic/dp/B003NE5A9Q

I bought the 5 pack in Feb 2017 and still have 2 remaining.  About two months ago I finally changed the second bag because when I dumped the chips/dust in our trash can the bag caught on something and tore 3 or 4 holes that I couldn't seal good enough to keep using the bag.  Seems like that's what happened to the first bag, as well.  But these are heavy duty bags that last quite a while. 

However, if you're in the habit of one-time use and throw away then I would look for something like the trash bags mentioned above.

David

@Chet

Is your want of a clear bag just so you can see how full it's getting?

I use the cloth bag on my dust collectors and use a highly scientific method for determining how full it is - I give it a gentle kick and use the feel to tell how full it is. Hasn't failed me yet.

You probably are set on the clear bags and not needing alternate suggestions, but there you go.

I have a delta 50-760 DC I've been following this thread and, a lot of the suggestions didn't really work in my case, the bag was too short or, the circumference was to great so I did some searches and, found I could buy factory bags from Home Depot 6mil for $17 apiece delivered to my local HD for free now I can through the old bag that is held together with duct tape patches away I bought extra bags now I'm all set for the next decade or so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, higtron said:

I have a delta 50-760 DC I've been following this thread and, a lot of the suggestions didn't really work in my case, the bag was too short or, the circumference was to great so I did some searches and, found I could buy factory bags from Home Depot 6mil for $17 apiece delivered to my local HD for free now I can through the old bag that is held together with duct tape patches away I bought extra bags now I'm all set for the next decade or so. 

ULINE would have the bag the correct size and in the end cheaper than HD when buying bulk....

@Billy Jack Thanks 2 of the bags lasted me 10+ yrs and only one of those is held together with duct tape I bought 2 from HD  so I won't need any more for the foreseeable future when a bag gets full I put a 30 gal garbage bag over the full bag flip them over slide the DC bag out of the garbage bag tie the bag off and it's ready for the dump. The reason only one of my bags is held together with duct tape is because I really only need one bag most of the time. The ones I've seen for sale on Amazon are for 20" dia. DC's mine is like 16" dia. that's a lot extra circumference and wouldn't make a very good seal so buying in bulk although being more economical just doesn't make sense in my situation. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I understand. I lke buying the school bags personally because it helps the schools and me as well. Here lately I've  not seen them as they usually come around and sell them door to door. I guess like everything else, if it's a good deal it won't last long.

As I manage a few school fundraisers....the companies come and go at times, and so do their product offerings. Student engagement also ebbs and flows. It’s just nice to read that some look to support that way. I teach a lot of kids whose trips are paid for through those sales—kids who could not hope to afford on their own. 

• Like 1