Only Festool...

pkinneb

Would raise rates now...

"Festool USA has announced prices will be increasing on nearly 600 of its products, effective April 1st. Save up to $75 by ordering before April 1st and beat the price increase! This price increase will affect all Festool retailers in the U.S"

I love me some Festool but really????

• Like 1

I resisted for a long time coming up with the money needed for Festool stuff.  But  I finally broke down and purchased a select number of there tools just because they are probably the best or close to the best for what they are.  I have a Track Saw, Router, Random Orbit Sander and the Domino.  But  Iam glad I am done because my disposable income can't keep up with their yearly price increases.

• Like 2

I wonder if it has anything to do with the strength of the Dollar compared to the Euro? Germany is on the euro right? 600 products is a bit misleading because it includes all the random obscure disposables that are getting more expensive by $1

List here https://www.festoolproducts.com/festool-price-increase-2020.html

Most of the stuff doesn't seem so bad. But you'd better get that OF2200 chip catcher before it goes up $0.06!

Most of the big items are really only seeing a 2% increase which is more or less inflation. A lot of the consumables didn't go up the last couple years. Yeah it sucks but they can't make the stuff for free. The quality is arguably worth it? I think so for their sander track saw and domino. Routers i have yet to be sold on but am open everything else... meh only if i can get it on recon even then maybe not. I would never touch the Kapex... it's just TOO expensive.

Many companies have annual price increases and the process of figuring out the increase for each item can take several months. If they’ve been working on it, why not roll it out as normally scheduled? It’s not like they are jacking up prices on swabs, N95 masks, and other items that are in high demand and low supply right now. 

Oh don't get me wrong I am all for free enterprise if you want to raise your rates go for it...if the market supports it so be it. I just thought with the current world situation that raising rates on something that is already at the top of the market pricing seemed interesting. I pretty much have what I want, although I have been watching the recon site for a 1010 router, so no issues here :)  

53 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Oh don't get me wrong I am all for free enterprise if you want to raise your rates go for it...if the market supports it so be it. I just thought with the current world situation that raising rates on something that is already at the top of the market pricing seemed interesting. I pretty much have what I want, although I have been watching the recon site for a 1010 router, so no issues here :)  

Ahh i hear ya. I think the price increase was in effect long before the current situation. I had my exchange rate backwards the euro dropping compared to the dollar is money in their pocket so now i agree with you.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:40 AM, Cliff said:

I thought I had pretty much all the Festool I need - then discovered that apparently the best raking light known to mankind is the Festool one. So that is unfortunate. 

I have the KAL II and quite like it. I like that it works with the 18v batteries for the cordless tracksaw and that it has it's own built in battery.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:27 AM, Chestnut said:

I have the KAL II and quite like it. I like that it works with the 18v batteries for the cordless tracksaw and that it has it's own built in battery.

I could definitely find use for that, but this is what I was looking at.. $300 or 500 something with tripod - 

festool-syslite-stl-450-surface-inspection-light.thumb.jpg.2513cbcfa3c3d04d94bf04c5f8fe7083.jpg

The euro is less than 2% hight today vs 1 year ago. I like the festools. Great tools. I would like to see an American company with competitive tools and price. On top of high prices they have strict retail price control and allow modest margins for the retailer. Festool takes the lions share. Their pricing leaves room for the emergence of another competitor. I own the 2 sizes of the domino's and love them. The small one cost me $500 when they were first offered. Both a lot more now.

8 hours ago, JohnG said:

Thoughts on the new CT 15 vac?

It's basically the CT midi with a few features missing. The antistatic hose (Which is nice), a place on the vac to store the hose, a place to coil up the cord, the foot brake, nor does it have the ability to clip on systainers.

None of those are important features to me except the foot brake and the Antistatic hose.

the important bits, the amount of suction it has variable speed and the auto on feature are included. I think it's a great vac for people that think the CT26 is too expensive.

• Thanks 1