Not My Coffee Table Project

Chet

The little darling can't fully realize the enormity of this table. Truly a legacy! Chet, I recall in this thread that there are more grandchildren? Even if they are adults I would invite each one to do a project. I personally would enjoy meeting your other grandchildren the same way in which I met your grand daughter here. On top of everything else, your presentation could not have been better! Thank you.

• Like 1

All four have been in the shop and worked on small projects.  She is the only one that has shown interest in continuing the hobby.  They all have things they pursue and are good at as far as hobbies go.   And I am glad to say none of the hobbies include being glued to video games.

• Like 2

This is awesome she did a great job. I love the table design as a well as the wood selection. My favorite part is the legs. The sweep out at the bottom has a very classy look and highlights the whole piece nicely. Both you and your granddaughter are lucky to have each other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Chet said:

It has been pointed out to me by my grand daughter's mom, who is my oldest daughter, that my grand daughter isn't ten years old she just turned nine.  My mistake :(

Hey it happens. I thought i was turning 58 next week turns out its 57 LOL

• Like 2

On 7/17/2020 at 8:12 PM, Mick S said:

Chet, I cannot wait until the day comes that I too can do what you've done here. I vividly remember my dad helping me build my first bench - solid plywood salvaged from nearby construction sites - when I was about the same age. One thing led to another and before you knew it I was the first and only president of the Electric Drill Club in the third grade.

Whether or not she continues it on, she'll always remember it.  What a gift you've given her!

I’m with you there Mick. I have five kids and I’m really hopeful that just one will want to learn from me in the shop. If not, I’ll just wait for grandkids like Chet did.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Chet Caught this the other week but forgot to comment on it. Amazing work you and your granddaughter did. I hope when my daughter is 10 she wants to be in the shop as well.

Do you have any pictures of your lumber bench rests? Every time I look at the picture I notice something else. They seem incredibly useful and I'd like to make some soon.