Chet

Not My Coffee Table Project

This is just to cool on so many levels!! 

BTW those little rests for cutting down stock on the work bench are going into my I need some of those file :) 

• Like 1

What an experience for her and you Chet, something you both will always remember. be sure to have HER sign and date it and keep us posted on her progress, she's going to be thrilled when its done

• Like 1

That is awesome, Chet! Why doesn't she have her own account here yet? ;)

BTW, I recall seeing you use those bench hooks / stand offs before, thought it was a great idea, and STILL haven't made a set. Thanks for the reminder!

Chet, you're living my dream. My daughter and son-in-law just let us know she was pregnant and my mind went right to what a pleasure it will be to teach him/her woodworking.

• Like 2

You need to have these pics printed and framed! What an inspiration. You gotta be one proud granddad! As I’m sure you are of all of your grandkids. Well done Chet! 

• Thanks 1

Wow Chet I bet she and you are so proud of your work together, she looks like she’s in “the zone” 

• Like 1

In the zone, for sure! Does she realize she is "internet famous" now? I know everone here is excited to watch her "blossom" as a new woodworker. And picking it up so quickly, too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treeslayer said:

I wonder if Chet has thought of his  future bills for tools for her, at least she will be easy to buy Christmas gifts for 

Well right now the other three grand kids haven't really had the same interest as she has, so right now she stands first in line to take over the shop when I leave this earth for better things.:)

• Like 2

Chet, you have a real woodworker there. And a cutie. Is this a generation skipping talent or do your children have the knack also?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chet said:

We heard through the grape vine from the college that on a couple of occasions our daughter informed the instructor that "there was a safer way to do that". 

How long ago was back then. I find that uncovered stuff from the past can become pleasant and fun conversation. You might let your daughter know what you heard on the grapevine. There might be a few laughs...

33 minutes ago, curlyoak said:

You might let your daughter know what you heard on the grapevine. There might be a few laughs...

She heard all about it through her faculty advisor who is the same person that told us.  She graduated from college in 1999.

This is an awesome opportunity for both of you. I'm so happy you get to have this with her and to share your knowledge and passion with her.

I didn't have any kids and my stepdaughter is more interested in girls so my chance for grandkids is not looking good, so I'm extra happy to see this thread :)