Combining my Hobbies

From members of a Coleman Collecting forum. Some people think it devalues the original ones by me making a “fraudulent” Coleman parts rack. They fell I need to mark it so people do think it is real... Since I was making it for myself I really don’t care what they think. I had thought about making them to sell. If I did, I would brand them but that is still up in the air.

8 hours ago, rainjer said:

From members of a Coleman Collecting forum. Some people think it devalues the original ones by me making a “fraudulent” Coleman parts rack.

You making this rack for yourself will have absolutely ZERO impact on the genuine Coleman parts rack market.

If you were to make a lot of these and sell them, I could understand their concern if it is not easily differentiated from the genuine racks. You might not market them as original, but you don't know what will happen to the ones that you sell, especially if they trade hands a few times. If down the road they start getting advertised as genuine racks, then it could impact the market for the originals.

Cool project!

• Like 1